Thoughts on a male contraceptive pill - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Thoughts on a male contraceptive pill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    -_-
    Participant

I had friends over to dinner and the conversation came up that there are so many birth control options for women, but for men it seems like just condoms or a vasectomy. The conversation then turned to whether the men in the group would take a contraceptive pill if it existed and the responses were “No way” or “I would forget to take it, so it wouldn’t work”. It got me thinking about how normalised it is for women to take the pill, have the implant, get the injection.

For me, it’s definitely a shared responsibility to carry condoms, but I wanted to see what other people thought on if a male contraceptive pill was introduced and whether men would take it.

PotPlant

I think men would take it. I think it would be especially helpful because some women experience all sorts of side effects due to the pill. In long term relationships, this would totally help because it would ease some of the burden for women to always take it. However, I think women would still end up taking it more because there would be no such thing as a morning after pill for men!

-_-
    Participant

Hey @potplant, yes so true about the side affects to the pill – its definitely something i’ve had issues with myself. It would be interesting to see whether a male contraceptive would affect men in the same way. You definitely have a point with the lack of morning after pill for men. Something I didn’t think about!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.