Unrealistic relationship expectations brought on by sex... - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Unrealistic relationship expectations brought on by sex…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So we’ve all been there I’m sure… that moment when casual sex started to mean more than it should, and feelings start entering the equation.

Over in Busted I talked about a university friend who slept with all six of his female housemates, and the thing that seemed to get them all – despite knowing that he was only ever after casual sex, and often had more than one woman at a time – was that he slept with all of them, and none of them was special.

I will confess to having fallen into this trap at least once myself, when having casual sex with my BFF’s housemate. Thankfully I quickly got over it – which was certainly helped along by the fact that I understood what he was like, and I didn’t live in the same town (so it was only ever going to be holiday sex).

Who else wants to share their tales?

NickiPower
    Participant

Good topic @MsBlueStreak

I didn’t have unrealistic expectations but had to deal with a previous casual partner of a then current casual partner (confused yet :wink:) who had the unrealistic expectations. It was a bit awkward when she kept trying to “win him back”.. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

I get what you mean @NickiPower, in former casual partners mind, you were the other woman/man/neither to beaten for your casual partners affections.

I’m lucky that I never had that issue at the time (it really was a long time ago). But the casual hookup (lets call him P) being my a long-term friend of my BFF of over two decades… he’s still around in my life, and his highly jealous wife is actually someone I’d consider a friend.

She’s often concerned that BBF and P have a sexual history. (Wife actually met P because they were both friends of BFF from different circles)  She’s never looked twice in my direction, so I figured he’s not for the disclosing his list and I’m not ratting P out.

My partner knows, and knows him, and couldn’t give a rats. (Apparently he doesn’t have jealous bones)

NickiPower
    Participant

Yeah, that’s a difficult one @MsBlueStreak, but also what’s in the past is in the past right? 

ElleBelle
    Participant

mak_trouble891
    Participant

So I was in a casual relationship with a guy some years back with the knowledge that its wasn’t going to go anywhere and was just for fun. However as much as I tried I did develop and ‘catch’ feelings
    knowing that it was to never go anywhere, I had to end the ‘relationship’ to stop myself from getting hurt. To be honest it took a while for me to be honest with my feelings to acknowledge that I needed to end things  

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Good for you @mak_trouble891 figuring out how you were feeling and dealing with it before you got hurt.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Yeah I know that feeling all too well! I was in a relationship with a girl who was lovely, smart, extremely attractive and driven but we never really got that spark that made it last. At about 9mnths we had the following text exchange;

Her: Hey should I come over your place after work?
    Me: Yeah for sure
    Her: We should probably chat about us when I get there
    Me: Ah yeah, I know what you mean, think we are on same page.. do we need to chat?
    Her: Nah – see you around.

SUCH a great breakup! I wish they all went like that – mutual, no feelings hurt and onwards.

Kit
    Participant

WOW @CloakOfAsh. Just WOW!

That is both brutal and awesome. What a perfect, clean ending. Teach me your ways! Lol

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@Kit That was definitely a once off. Normally I am the dumpee and spiral pretty bad. Definitely ~in touch with my emotions~ haha

NickiPower
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 I’ve totally been there too! So high-five for ending it before it goes really awkward! 

@CloakOfAsh – that’s an awesome breakup! 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.