Using lotion and other stuff to masturbate - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Nurse Nettie Using lotion and other stuff to masturbate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ElleBelle
    Participant

Hi @Nurse_Nettie, I am wondering if it’s unsafe to use hand lotion, moisturiser, vaseline, etc as a lubricant when you masturbate? Is there any risk of a urinary tract infection or hurting the skin around that area?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @ElleBelle, this is a great question! People use all sorts of lubricants during masturbation and sex to make it feel nice and to reduce friction. The general rule is to use a product that won’t irritate this delicate skin. Some lotions and moisturisers’ contain alcohol, preservatives and perfumes which may cause dryness, redness and swelling. Some people may develop allergies and dermatitis (inflammation of the skin). There are many lubricants available for masturbation as well as when using condoms.   The fun thing about these lubes is that they can be coloured, flavoured and give different sensations! They’re also less likely to cause harm to the skin. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Hi @Nurse_Nettie,

So I understand that designed for purpose lubricants are the best option, but,,,

If you find yourself in the mood and short on supplies, what should we be looking to avoid using?  Are there any ingredients that we should definitely be looking to avoid using on our delicate genital skin?  Are ‘natural’ options better than synthetic? Should we be avoid the kitchen when searching for options?

(Okay, I’m just asking things now)

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @MsBlueStreak, it’s definitely ok to ask! :). First of all when stepping into the kitchen, think about food allergies and avoid anything that might cause a reaction. Chilli sauce will cause a burning sensation. Anything with alcohol or disinfectants (including perfumed soaps) will harm the natural healthy bacteria on the skin. Are natural products better than synthetic? The answer depends on the individual as some people have sensitivities to natural or synthetic products. Consider testing a small area first. Lastly, some people also use saliva. By this I mean the safest option is to use your own. 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I find coconut oil a good alternative to lubricant, particularly for external use! I always have some on hand because it’s my body moisturiser.

Unfortunately, because it is an oil, it’s not any good for certain sex toys.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

From experience I can advice against shaving cream. Or so a friend of a friend told me – I swear 

NickiPower
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo Wow! Coconut oil is good for EVERYTHING! (except toys) 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nurse Nettie’ is closed to new topics and replies.