UTIs - peeing after sex? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health UTIs – peeing after sex?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    piperr42piperr42

Although you don’t only get UTIs from not peeing after sex, the only time I seem to get them is when I forget to pee after fingering/penetrative sex!

To be honest, most of the time I don’t want to be jumping right out of bed after sex to pee, so I take the risk more often than I’d admit, especially as I don’t want to ruin the mood for the other person. It can sometimes be really painful and I feel like I shot myself in the foot by not peeing right afterwards.

I wanted to know if anyone else has experiences of getting UTIs from not peeing after sex? Or if anyone knows an optimal time frame that you should pee to prevent them?

Thanks!!

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

If I don’t pee after sex I almost always get one or if I go a long time without going to the bathroom I get similar, more mild symptoms. I know what you mean about not wanting to get up straight after but I would rather that than to be in pain later.

I’m sure your sexual partner will be understanding as it is a totally normal thing. If they seem confused or upset by you getting up shortly try explaining to them that you are prone to getting UTIs if you don’t pee after sex and that they can be really painful sometimes. After you go to the bathroom you can just jump right back into bed 🙂

I’m not too sure about the optimal time frame, maybe @nurse_nettie has a recommendation?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@piperr42 you’re definitely not alone. Sex is one of the most common causes for UTIs (Urinary Tract infections) in young people with a vagina. Peeing ‘immediately’ after sex is the recommendation. Peeing works by washing away any bacteria that’s moved around the urethra (the hole where wee comes out) during sex.

UTIs aren’t contagious though. If you get diagnosed with a UTI your partner doesn’t need to be tested or treated. It just means a little bacteria that normally lives around the genitals has gotten into the wrong place.

piperr42piperr42

Thanks for your response @goldenrose, it’s great to know that I’m not alone with this!

@nurse_nettie
    , thanks for that info on the timeframe of when to pee, and for clarifying that it isn’t contagious – at least you don’t have to worry about pain for your partner. Its good to know that the recommended thing to do is to pee immediately – so thank you! Although it can be a bit inconvenient sometimes, it does seem a lot more appealing than dealing with the pain… 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m the same @piperr42!

It can be annoying to have to jump out of bed and into the bathroom, but I’d much rather kill the mood than deal with all the stinging from a UTI.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.