What happens to a relationship? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships What happens to a relationship?

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by teatea.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shishka
    Participant

I recently started living with a girl and began to notice that relationships are changing. This is normal?

teatea

Hey @shishka, that’s so exciting to hear! How is it changing for you?

I think that any new experience in your life can change things in a relationship, whether it is good or bad. The dynamics in a relationship tend to change when you introduce new things, like living together.

When I’ve moved in with a partner or friend in the past it’s changed things in the way we speak to each other, or act around each other. Most of the time I just end up getting super comfortable around that person, which is great!

But yeah, what you’re experiencing is totally normal and nothing to be scared of – embrace change! Maybe talk with this girl about anything you might be concerned about? It can be pretty scary when a relationship changes but it’s a totally cool and normal thing too!

PurplePurple

Hi Shishka, I definitely think living with someone can be tricky and negotiating space/chores etc can evolve over time. It’s all about communication and understanding. If you’d like to share more on your situation please feel free to do so – I’m here to listen!

sextronautsextronaut

Hi Shishka! Wow, what an exciting new adventure you’re on! Relationships with anyone can and will change when you start living with them. I’ve lived with strangers, a best friend and now my partner and they have all have their benefits and challenges. A big thing for me is learning to respect each others privacy, and ‘alone time’. We all use our home to just sit and veg out at some stage or another so a big learning curve is allowing your new housemate (whoever they may be) to have that time, and for them to allow you that time too. What kind of changes are you noticing?

shishka
    Participant

Everything was not so sharp, but blander, but new horizons opened up. Familiar? ;)

sextronautsextronaut

@shishka yes, so familiar! Your relationship changes because it needs to navigate chores, bills and all sorts of ‘everyday stuff’. Also because you see them so frequently now, that spark of excitement you get is lessened slightly. I recommend still planning nights/days out, head to a cafe or have a picnic in the park, see a movie, whatever it is that brings back the feelings of the relationship you had previously. 🙂

teatea

@sextronaut so true about the ‘everyday stuff’! Also totally agree about planning nights out regularly to keep the relationship flowing in a positive way.

teatea

@shishka How has the move gone? Wishing you all the best!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.