Why are STIs on the rise in Australia? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Why are STIs on the rise in Australia?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@NickiPower that’s a great point. I know a lot of people who don’t worry about condoms because they have other preventative measures for pregnancy. People seem much more afraid of pregnancy than infections etc.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

*engages sarcastic tone* But aren’t all diseases treatable now? So why do we need to prevent them? I can just get treated right? Besides I’m a clean person! *disengage sarcasm*

So yeah, I used to hear from a lot of people who thought being “clean” (as in soap and water) and “eating healthy” and exercising would save them from all manner of things that germs and viruses tend not to give two hoots about. These people would not survive the apocalypse.

NickiPower
    Participant

It possibly could be because of the chance of pregnancy is removed. That’s a great point! 

DeftRat
    Participant

@NickiPower I think I read the same article about the retirement villages. It was actually talking about how the Super Gonorrhoea is the most prevalent within retirement homes in Australia. Interesting that older generations are the ones most at risk of the harder to treat gonorrhoea

NickiPower
    Participant

That is interesting @DeftRat! And a good thing to remember your safe sex at every stage of life! 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.