Am I At Risk? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Am I At Risk?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Rodeo14
    Participant

Hope I’m in the right thread – I just needed to confirm something.

Recently had an encounter where I received unprotected oral (2-3 licks) that I stopped immediately.

Put on Durex Extra Safe and went away. Halfway, I felt a change in sensation (going flaccid & feeling sore) which made me pull out.

Then, the girl quickly said to change to a new one and we finished the deed within the next 10 seconds or so.

I have been anxious since the encounter as I do not know if the first condom broke.

I held it up and it was still in one piece (intact). Was told a broken condom would be shredded to pieces but this is not the case.

Any feedback / input is much appreciated!

sextronautsextronaut

Hey @rodeo14, great question! Sounds like you were taking all the necessary precautions, nice work!
    You’re right, a broken condom doesn’t necessarily need to look shredded, it can be a more discreet tear.

@nurse_nettie
    will be able to point you in the right direction if you’re at risk 🙂

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@rodeo14 and @sextronaut, if your not sure if the condom broke or not, having an STI test will give peace of mind. Be reassurred that the risk of STIs from receiving oral sex is lower than giving oral sex. That’s because saliva is the only body fluid a person is exposed to (like kissing). The best time to have an STI test would be 2 weeks after it occurred or earlier if any symptoms develop.

sextronautsextronaut
    Rodeo14
    Participant

Hey @sextronaut — thanks for feedback. I was told it’ll shred and mine didn’t. Seriously hope it did not break (been anxious about this ever since)

@nurse_nettie
    — thanks for the risk assessment. As I’ve been told, it’s also a lower risk for receiver (+ the short brief duration). It’s been close to 2 and a half week without symptoms, which I give thanks everyday.

I’m just more worried about the condom part. In your experience, is it common to change to a new one after about 10 minute usage / going limp midway? The fact that I can’t confirm about the condom is what’s driving the anxiety.

sextronautsextronaut

@rodeo14 changing condoms part way through sex is safe! Lots of people do it if their engaging in anal + vaginal sex to not carry infections or bacteria between sites. As long as you were protected throughout, you should be okay. But like @nurse_nettie said, you can get an STI test in a couple of weeks to make sure.
    It’s also common for an erection to go limp midway through sex, this can happen for lots of reasons and doesn’t make the situation unsafe 🙂

Rodeo14
    Participant

Hey @sextronaut

Thanks for the detailed answer.

The penis couldn’t fully fit into the old one after going limp. Was a little unsure (shocked) when she immediately said to change a new one.

Condom tip is laying flat on one side while the penis tip (shrunk) in the center.

I honestly don’t think it broke but the anxiety is swallowing me up with “what-ifs”.

Hence wanted to check with y’all on condom breakage as I was told is very obvious. Did not hear a pop sound nor have bits hanging around.

sextronautsextronaut

No problem, @rodeo14

It is curious, I’m sure she won’t mind you asking (if you feel comfortable). I’d say it’s likely that she was making a choice out of safety, which is never a bad choice!

Thanks for reaching out to us! There are sexual health counsellors that can help with STI anxieties and those ‘what-ifs’, there might be one in your local area.
    Lots of people are totally unaware if a condom breaks. A handy tip I’ve heard to be sure about breaking is to fill the used condom with some water (a bit like a water balloon) and see if any water leaks out.

Rodeo14
    Participant

Hey @sextronaut

I wish I asked on the spot / tested with water but I did not. It would have eliminated all the headache and anxiety.

It was actually an encounter with a worker. Hence exercising extra caution (by changing) makes sense.

I’ve checked with numerous friends & also forums which also said it did not break. It must be my mind just playing games!

sextronautsextronaut

Hey @rodeo14
    That’s okay! It’s a good trick for next time.

Totally! Along the lines of caution here, some workers are actually extremely regimented when it comes to their health and safety. Many workers are very strict with condoms and get tested every few months so that they keep their body in tip top shape for their work.

Get checked in a week or two and you should be in the clear!

Rodeo14
    Participant

Hey @sextronaut

Yes I am counting down till the day I can get tested, for the peace of mind.

I’ve spoken to people and all mentioned I’m actually overthinking / over worrying over nothing due to anxiety.

Well it was my first time and definitely everything is enhanced. There won’t be a next time!

On the other STD, I did receive unprotected licks (2-3 licks)… it’s been 22 days with no symptom… I take it as a good sign?

Will definitely get tested altogether.

Rodeo14
    Participant

Wanted to say everything is magnified*

sextronautsextronaut

Happy Monday @rodeo14!

Like @nurse_nettie said, the risk of getting an STI from receiving oral sex is low. You should be okay, just get a check to be absolutely sure. 🙂

I totally get the anxieties being magnified as it was your first time (congratulations, by the way!) but I do want to remind you that sex is super fun and super pleasurable! It comes with risks, just like anything else that we do in our lives, but there’s plenty of strategies (which you seem to be doing already) that make it safer, so you can enjoy the ride!

Rodeo14
    Participant

Hey @sextronaut,

Thanks for the assurance.

It was my first time visiting such establishment (not first time doing it haha).

Will definitely get tested 1 month post exposure!

sextronautsextronaut

@rodeo14 ah okay! My misunderstanding.
    Doesn’t necessarily need to be your last time visiting a sex worker either if you want to go back!

I hope it all goes well for you and you can get more info face-to-face with whoever tests you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.