Bullet Journals - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Bullet Journals

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    TinyTeddy
    Participant

@HoneyPot Ooo that’s exciting! I haven’t used a bullet journal before but I am convinced. I needed as much motivation (love the affirmations) during my uni days and I could imagine it being a nice little ritual during those stressful times. 

What are you doing your Masters in? 

teatea

@Aunt_Flo thank you!!

@HoneyPot I think it’s a great tool for students to have some relaxing time (with the drawing up of a journal) and it helps you focus on what needs prioritising as well. But it is very time consuming too so don’t feel pressured into making fancy designs or anything, just do what works well for you!

I also found this really awesome masterpost on bullet journaling that I’d recommend reading! Happy journaling! 

HoneyPot

Thanks @TinyTeddy and @tea ! I reckon i might get one and give it a go! I like that its not like a normal diary, like I could get one now and just keep using it, not have to wait till the start of the year! And i’ll hold onto that link!
    I’m doing my masters in Social Work @TinyTeddy 😀

teatea

Omg you guys, I went to Dymocks the other day and I saw these bad boys that you might be interested in?

I got the 365 one, which I got too excited about and thought it was a bullet journal BUT that one is more of an ~inspiration~ guide. The other three though are ones that are set up ready to go, I think they were around the $25 mark? @TinyTeddy !

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’ve seen them in bookstores too, @tea! They look great for Christmas.

I started bullet journalling! And then quickly realised my thoughts are too scattered to go in neatly. SO I’ve done a semi-bullet journal. Much less structured, but it’s certainly helping me out. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

That’s awesome @Aunt_Flo, I honestly think the structure doesn’t matter, my work one is sooo not structured and very messy as it seems to follow my thought pattern as well. You’ll have to take a few pics and share with us (but only if u want to that is) 🙂

-_-
    Participant

I know what I am getting myself for Christmas @tea

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Mines still very messy and rambly right now but I’ll definitely take some when I’m in the groove!

RoseHill
    Participant

Did you draw all of those @tea ? Thats amazing! I love the idea of the pain log too @mak_trouble891
     that would be great for endometriosis or even like food related illnesses like IBS or Gluten Intolerance. 

Where can you buy a ‘bullet’ journal? And why is it called ‘bullet’?? X) 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I find @RoseHill that the pain log is really helpful for tracking that type of stuff. 
    I got my bullet journal from office works, I’ve seen some at big W, you can also buy heaps online. I’m not totally sure why they’re called bullet journals, but I’m guessing because of the dot grid set up, like bullet points 

teatea

@stephaniaaaah did you end up starting a bullet journal?

@RoseHill I did! Everyone always thinks I print them out, but I draw everything by hand (the journal I bought was blank)!

Like @mak_trouble891 said you can buy tons of them online, you can use literally any kind of notebook really, it just depends how much time you want to spend ruling up lines and everything – but you can definitely find notebooks with pre-ruled lines or dots to make ruling up easier! 

About Bullet Journalling | About Ryder Carroll – Bullet Journal Designer

mak_trouble891
    Participant

You can also download for free and buy heaps of journal stencils, you just print them and cut out to stick in like a blank note book. Is a massive time saver @tea 

teatea

oh my goodness!!!! @mak_trouble891 why did i never think of doing that? you genius wow thank you 🙂

-_-
    Participant

@tea I still love the idea of this but i am a bit too lazy.  I have been keeping a little mood tracker in my diary lately though – I got it from Muji and every second page is a grid so it is perfect for bullet journals – it’s too boring to share tho haha 

teatea

@stephaniaaaah I am so so happy that you’ve started though!! I think that any little effort is a big effort and can be life changing really! :heart: Please don’t be disheartened to share! I understand if you don’t feel comfortable in doing so though. I recently got one of those leuchtterm journals and wow it was expensive but i love it? …I haven’t used it yet though I’m on that lazy train with you haha 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.