Can long distance relationships work? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Can long distance relationships work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    teatea

Do you think long distance relationships can work? I’ve been in a few myself and I think they can! Communication is important in any relationship but I think even more so when you can’t be near someone. In my past LDR’s, we would have online dates via Skype and text each other a LOT to keep involved in each other’s lives. My favourite part about them was when you finally do get to meet up because the feelings are soooo intense, almost like they’re magnified by 10000%!!!

But it can also be really hard, because you can’t go see the person at their house whenever you like and even though you can talk to each other online, they might not always be available to talk. I think with how interactive people are on the internet now, it’s definitely easier because there are so so many apps you can use to stay connected. Also expectations can be totally different when you meet someone online and form a relationship with them. They might not be the person you thought when you meet them, or maybe things just aren’t what you thought they would be in person. Safety is so important too! So if you decide to talk to someone online, make sure you tell someone you know about it and don’t share too much information unless you’re 100% certain the person you’re talking to is the right person!

Another really good thread about this is “Online dating during Covid” which talks about online dating when you can’t be physically present with someone and how awkward it can be when you actually do meet up!

What do you think about long distance relationships? Do you think more people are getting into long distance relationships because of Covid? Would you do it? Have you been in one?

champagnepapi

I only know of one long distance relationship that’s worked out, and that’s because they put an end date to the long distance and moved in/got married. But as always, your mileage may vary. I just think for an LDR to work you have to both be on the same page about where you see the relationship heading, and work together to close the distance. If you don’t know what your intentions are and you both kind of just float along, I feel like one person, if not both, may start to get frustrated and that’s when things like cheating, etc can take place.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.