Dry skin - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Dry skin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@DeftRat and @NickiPower I’m glad that the Body Shop hemp cream works for some people. Last time I used it I ended up making my dermatitis so much worse that I literally lost my hand/finger prints (not for the first time) to the damage.

I’ve found QV is the one of the only non-prescription creams that I can use and not end up hurting myself more. (But I have a particularly crap version of dermatitis, so…)

DeftRat
    Participant

Oh wow @MsBlueStreak that’s insane. I’m glad that you’ve found something that works for you though. It’s horrible having dry skin.

Kit
    Participant

I used to use the The Body Shop Hemp hand cream as well but really liking Thank You hand cream on my 90yo-looking hands at the moment. I find it absorbs really well and restores the skin rather than ‘coats’ it.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@DeftRat I actually have a history of an aggressive form of dermatitis, so I’m quite used to the fact that I have to be careful what I use.

I’ve actually found that Lush makes some products that are both gentle and fun to use (so long as I don’t use them on my dermatitis).

PurplePurple

@MsBlueStreak couldn’t agree more. I use Lush’s Angels on Bare Face Cleanser and also their Skin Drink Moisturiser. Great stuff. 

HoneyPot

I recently signed up for a service that delivers 5 or more beauty products (usually just little samples) to you every month, and it came the other day and it had face oil in it. And I was like, “What on earth is face oil?” i used it once and it my skin felt pretty nice but i’m apprehensive to use it more cause surely it will just make my skin really oily? I know some of you have talked about some different oils you use on your skin, how often can you use it without breaking out?

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@HoneyPot I used oil every dang day! All over my face and body. I’ve used tamanu, rosehip, coconut, and almond oil. None have made me break out, and they’ve all done different good things for my skin. 

I like using the pure oil because I know what’s in it and have sensitive skin. Certain oils aren’t suitable for the face because they can clog your pores rather than clean them, but if it’s been formulated for the face it sounds good! 

EarthMamaEarthMama

I’ve got to give a little shout out to ‘Weleda Skin Food’!! It can be a little pricey and is found in health food stores- but I swear the stuff is magic for cracked skin!! It heals it like Hermione’s ‘Essence of Dittany’ <3 (Harry Potter reference anyone?) 

champagnepapi

You guys are all skincare wizards!! 

@Aunt_Flo in terms of korean beauty products, what serum do you recommend? i’m on the hunt for one.

teatea

@Aunt_Flo omg that commitment!!!

I really love QV or sorbelene(?), but I’ve been slowly switching over to Lush products to use on my tattoos!  

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@champagnepapi I like Tony Moly products! I have pretty dry skin so I really like the black tea london classic serum in that brand. I first got it as a sample and loved it.  

champagnepapi

@Aunt_Flo oh good old tony moly!! i love how affordable their products are. i’ll see if i can grab a sample of the black tea serum too! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

What about blackheads and dry skin? Suggestions 

CookieMonster
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo  you said you do pole yeah? Do you find that you are too slippery/ oily to stick?

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Yes @champagnepapi you’ll never look back! I love the Tony Moly sheet masks too!

@mak_trouble891 I have humongous pores that are very prone to clogging and blackheads (to the point where a one hour facial took two and half hours because of them!) I’ve found that having a good, regular skin routine is the best thing for prevention. By cleaning my skin everyday, they get less clogged. Exfoliating can help both blackheads and dry skin in my experience – if your skin is too sensitive, you can always try using a face cloth to gently buff the skin to remove dead skin cells (dry skin inclusive).

Dry skin and blackheads is a tough combo! A lot of the oils I’ve mentioned above aren’t known to clog pores. Other non comedogenic are great (like a good oil-free moisturiser, for instance). 

@CookieMonster I’m naturally a bit of a sweaty betty, so it’s difficult to tell if it’s the oil. It definitely does make a difference if the oil has really soaked in, say if I shave with coconut oil AND rub extra on top the night before. But, if I don’t moisturise regularly, my skin tends to get very dry and sore, and my pole instructor said that dry skin ALSO makes you slippery, because your body tries to compensate with more sweat on the pole!  

I’m the slipperiest in the class, but I’m getting to be one of the strongest because of it! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.