Dry skin - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Dry skin

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    CookieMonster
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo Yeah in winter I need to use Dew Point casue my skin is SOOO dry. for 7 years I have not used moisturiser for fear of being too slippery on the pole but I’ve started using moisturiser this winter and I think my grip has actually improved…but my skin gets so dry and itchy now if I don’t where as before I never moisturised and it was fine???

teatea

Can anyone recommend me a good ‘travel companion’ for when I’m away from home for long periods of time? I find that if I’m working a long shift or I’m at uni all day my skin starts starving for some moisture, but I don’t know what I could use that I could put on really quickly and easily? 

peachy
    Participant

@tea after reading this forum I ran out and picked up some hemp hand cream from the body shop! I got the little 30ml one and have it sitting in my bag for scaly hand emergencies

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Thanks @Aunt_Flo, awesome advice. I know I need to be more disciplined with my face cleansing routine…

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@mak_trouble891 I like to think of a skin routine as a way to do a mini-pamper session everyday. I rub so much on my face that it becomes a facial massage.

@tea a hydrating toner can help! Lush and Sukin both make good ones in a mist. I like to keep it in my bag and spray it when my face is tight in Winter and sweaty in summer. 

teatea

@Aunt_Flo Oooo I never thought about using a toner! A good reason to go on a Lush shopping spree 😆

champagnepapi

@Aunt_Flo @tea seconded, i use the lush tea tree one everyday. i also highly recommend the mario badescu rosewater one, very affordable too. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 in addition to using a facewash daily, I bought a Body Shop face washing brush to help with my oily but breakout prone skin.  I’ve since upgraded to a Dermatologica brush, which is much more gentle but does the same job.

teatea

@MsBlueStreak I’ve been looking into getting one of those for months but I’m not sure if my skin will hate it? I don’t have sensitive skin but if I use anything new on my face, I break out. So I’m really scared to get one in case it makes everything a lot worse than it is 😆

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Ok so I seemed to have the dry skin under control, thanks everyone 🙂 But I now keep getting like these massive big random pimple planet breakouts. Should I just keep up my cleans, tone and moisturize routine with the occasional scrub or scrub more?  

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@mak_trouble891 I don’t think scrubbing more will help! It could irritate them. It could be your face adjusting to the new products, so I’d say keep doing what you’re doing for a bit and if you’re still breaking out then change tact. 

I’ve found I still get pimples with my routine but they leave much quicker now. 

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.