Endometriosis - you're not alone - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Endometriosis – you’re not alone

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    ckwalker
    Participant

@mak_trouble891- its super depressing being told to have kids soon, and wanting it so bad but not having a partner. When the questions come up I just joke about having fur babies instead. It is getting harder to avoid the older I get though.
    @Curiosity- I’ve never looked into collecting eggs or ivf (not yet at least) but Im assuming when they collect eggs it would be via ultrasound guided syringe? 
    I couldn’t agree more about having a positive mindset!

It may sound strange but having the career and financial stress kinda makes me feel normal. As in everyone (besides millionaires?) feels those stresses when it comes and to having a family right? At least having fertility issues gives us a little more time to plan… (really holding on to the (few) positives here 😀 )

ElleBelle
    Participant

I think that’s a really positive way of looking at it @ckwalker! I’ve got my fur-baby too, but she’s a cat so it’s a bit harder to get affection out of her lol

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I love the positivity @Curiosity and @ckwalker!
    I have a fur baby too lol her names Betty

ckwalker
    Participant

I just had my second laproscopy, I also had another cyst removed. They’ve found a small amount of endo on my bowels this time and suggested I may need another surgery to remove scar tissue. The recovery from this surgery has been harder then I remember, the gas is killing my shoulders! I have heard that peppermint tea, heat packs and gentle walking can help, but I’ve only found relief in the heat pack.I’ll have another appt with my doctor in a few weeks and figure out he next step 

Kit
    Participant

Oh wow, that’s intense @ckwalker. I’m really sorry to hear that recovery has been harder than you remember, and hope that the heat packs continue to make it easier for you.
    You’re very brave to face surgery as you have and I really admire your strength. Sending warmth and well wishes x

ckwalker
    Participant

Thank you @Kit, once I’ve seen my doctor again I’ll better understand the results of my surgery (always hazey when they explain everything As soon as you wake up) keeping positive and looking forward to hearing my options and taking the next step on the road to motherhood (fingers crossed) 

Kit
    Participant

<3 Crossing fingers for you

ElleBelle
    Participant

How are you feeling @ckwalker? Any news from the doc?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I’m with @Ellebelle, any news @ckwalker? how are you feeling?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

So I am just gunna re start this thread as I have had a very difficult week with my endometriosis and feel its so important to talk about and be supported.

I have been bad this week, to the point it has been impacting my work, love life and I even had trouble driving.
    How is everyone going?

NickiPower
    Participant

Hey @mak_trouble891, so sorry to hear that it’s been a difficult week for you. I hope you are able to do nothing this weekend and rest (and possibly watch some Netflix). 

EDIT: Wrong tagged person! 
    Kit
    Participant

Oh @mak_trouble891, I’m sorry to hear it’s been such a tough week for you. 🙁 :'( Impacting you while driving must feel horrible – at least it’s a safe space to scream and swear. Although you might have better coping mechanisms !
    Thinking of you x

ElleBelle
    Participant

Hey @mak_trouble891 – sorry to hear your endo has been bad this past week. What a literal pain. Are you looking into any other management options?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Hey @Kit @ElleBelle and @NickiPower thanks for all the love 🙂 I’ve been taking it easy the past couple of weeks as the pain has had some quite intense moments. I have been binge watching the Nanny so that’s been a good distraction. Screaming and swearing does help lol but I love my heat pack atm. And strangely exercise is really helping.
    I’m off to have another ultrasound tomorrow to check how bad everything is and if I’ll need another surgery.
    I have found @ElleBelle that diet and exercise has helped reduce how often if get pain, but atm pain medication isn’t really working 🙁

Kit
    Participant

Boo. Sorry to hear the pain meds aren’t helping much at the moment @mak_trouble891.  :'( How was the ultrasound?
    Keep resting and streaming all the shows.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.