Endometriosis - you're not alone - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Endometriosis – you’re not alone

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

Hey @Kit
    The ultrasound was ok, I get my official result this coming Saturday, but it looks like I have a large amount of cysts in both my ovaries as well as the endometriosis. It has been an interesting couple of days since. I am trying not to catastrophize things and just wait until Saturday.   

NickiPower
    Participant

Hope everything is ok @mak_trouble891, keep binge watching those TV shows and look after yourself! 

Kit
    Participant

Oh I am so sorry to hear @mak_trouble891 🙁 What is the next step for you?

guevera_2
    Participant

I was diagnosed with endometriosis just earlier this year, but it’s been talked about by doctors for a few years before that. I find just allowing my body to have limits really important. I sometimes get angry at myself for not doing certain things because of the pain. I’m on the depo provera shots atm which stop the heavy periods but I still get the horrible cramps but not quite to the same level as before. I’m going to a gyno soon to see if there’s other options, I’ll share what insights I get there once I do. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Thanks @Kit, Next for me is I have to make some important decisions in relation to my current situation. I have to decide if I want to remove the Mirena and have the rod put in my arm or look at trying to have a baby :open_mouth: I have no idea what I am going to do :confused:

Thanks for sharing @guevera_2. I definitely agree with you, that allowing you body to have its limits and remembering to listen to them is really important. It can be really hard not to get angry at yourself when the pain is bad and we can’t do the things we want to. What have you tried to help with the cramping? My hot water bottle is my lifeline when my pain is really bad.

Kit
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 Be kind to yourself. No doubt it will be a difficult time making a decision x

teatea

@mak_trouble891 I hope things are going better for you!

I’ve been to the doctors numerous times about pains in my ovaries, and I’ve had internal ultrasounds that show I have a 4.5cm cyst on one of my ovaries. It’s been there for a few years now and keeps growing every time I get it checked, but the doctors keep telling me it’s too small to operate and to wait for it to go away by itself. It’s not though and I don’t have pains all the time, but when I do it hurts so bad that I can’t move!!

Should I go to the GP again? I feel like maybe they’re missing something and I could have something like PCOS? @Nurse_Nettie  Any thoughts?

ElleBelle
    Participant

I didn’t know they could go away by themselves. Is that normal @Nurse_Nettie?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Yeah @ElleBelle and @tea I was told too that depending on the type they can go away by themselves. I had one a while ago that did, but it was full of blood I think they said and that’s was why it would go away by itself. Thoughts @Nurse_Nettie?

If things don’t feel right @tea, I’d go back again. It’s your body, and you know your body best. 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@tea it’s true that most ovarian cysts will go away without treatment. In fact, ovarian cysts less than 5cm are considered a common part of normal egg formation in the reproductive years.

The pain is concerning though! Anything that is causing that much pain needs to be taken seriously. That doesn’t mean surgery is always the answer, but you should get a clear explanation from your doctor about what’s happening and what all the options are. It’s okay to go back or try a new GP for a second opinion.

teatea

Thanks @Nurse_Nettie! Yeah I think I’ll need to find a new GP, I’ve tried three now who keep dismissing my pain, or don’t know what’s wrong with me. When I went for an internal ultrasound, the person doing the exam was completely dismissing my pain too because the side that was causing the pain didn’t present any cyst (whereas the other side had one). Are there any clinics that deal with things like this specifically that might take my concerns more seriously?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@tea You might try going to a GP with a special interest in women’s health. Try a Family Planning Clinic or Women’s Health Centre. Hope you can find some answers!

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.