first time feeling like this - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships first time feeling like this

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    unknown
    Participant

I shouldve said something when the nurse put a speculum in cause it hurt then too

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Yes do tell the nurse if the speculum exam hurts @unknown. The nurse or doctor needs to know that, it’s important. Have you tried tampons before? If they hurt going into the vagina like your finger, use this example.

unknown
    Participant

No but i think i will cause  i dont want to  say that @Nurse_Nettie

And i didnt say anything as i thought it was my head from my past

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Hey @unknown I’m going to tell you where embarrassment about discussing these things with my doctors got me.

I will not compare your issues to mine, but in the hopes it can help you grow some confidence in yourself (at least enough to have a chat with your doctor) I will disclose what stopped me from having proper discussions with my doctors and from having my pap-smears for many years….

I had a fatty tumour growing on my labia. Not cancer, but a very large growth that I let get it way to big so that it got in the way of my clothing choices, my hygiene and my sex life with my very understanding and supportive partner. 

I got caught out by the hospital nurses when I broke my ankle (because it was a horrendous break, and sponge baths were a thing for 4-5 days). Those nurses were worried, but very kind and totally understood why I was too embarrassed to tell anyone (they also understood that this was the reason they’d been unable to convince me not to wear underwear). Because I’d agreed to records sharing with my GP, the hospital records were able to start a conversation I didn’t know how to start with my GPs. I was then referred to a gyno and then a surgeon. That surgeon, while surprised at the size of the mass on someone so young, said it was something he’d treated quite regularly, and that often grew to larger than necessary sizes because women were taught to be ashamed of their bodies and using them.

All of my treating doctors and nurses were kind, caring, and didn’t have a judgemental thing to say (not even about my not speaking up sooner).

All embarrassment and not discussing it got me was a lot of extra stress and anxiety, it got me a lot of lost sleep (over a number of years), and ultimately I had to have the discussion anyway.

You’ve been really brave this week in opening up and asking questions here, when you’re ready take the next step and have a discussion with your doctor (then let us know how you went… we can be your own private cheering section).

unknown
    Participant

I tried  a super tampon and that one hurt so i tried a tampon and couldnt get thst on in there either and the insides stung abit when i went to the toilet @MsBlueStreak @Nurse_Nettie

unknown
    Participant

So ill tell my nurse that 

NickiPower
    Participant

@unknown Definitely tell your GP that tampons hurt, and there’s no need to be embarrassed talking to them about these issues, they deal with this sort of stuff all the time! 

unknown
    Participant

ok @NickiPower 
    i see my nurse i think this week so ill ask her about it then and they were regular as well

jackh
    Participant

Good luck @unknown 

unknown
    Participant

Thank you 🙂

unknown
    Participant

All last night i was burning inside there

ElleBelle
    Participant

Hey @unknown, when is your next doctor/nurses appointment? Can you move it forward so you can see them tomorrow? Being in pain isn’t fun, and the doc is best placed to help work out what’s going on and get you feeling better. Sometimes it can be daunting to speak honestly when you’re sitting face to face with the doc, so if you’re feeling embarrassed you can make a back up plan. Write down your symptoms, or even print out your posts from here, and have it ready to hand to them if you find you can’t talk about it. You can also practice some mindfulness / meditation in the waiting room or before the appointment to relax yourself. Bringing a friend or family member along helps some people too, and they can just wait in the waiting room for you if you don’t want them to come in.

unknown
    Participant

good morning @ElleBelle 
    its suppose to be on wedensday. i ahve been put on the lsit for an earlier appointment but no luck as yet so i still might have to wait. im just going to say that ive got burning, discharge and itching down there, and then go from there. im not meantioning mutch else unless i have to

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Hi @unknown sorry to hear it’s been a rough time for you and that you’re feeling embarrassed. I suppose it’s like trying anything for the first time can be scary and weird but feelings of desire and pleasure are completely normal as are masturbation to appease that desire. I hope you get to see the doctor soon and they can help you with your symptoms – it sounds very painful and upsetting! 

unknown
    Participant

thank you @CloakOfAsh  yeah it is painful and it is upsetting
    i know masturbation isnt wrong but i dnt know i dont really feel comfortable with it maybe it is that stigma around it and also my past as well

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.