Hobbies - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Hobbies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    CookieMonster
    Participant

@champagnepapi I am on the Pole Dancing Train!! It is srsly the best thing I have ever done. I also do Aerials (Silks and Hoop) it is so addictive! You will find a whole new bunch of friends 🙂

Now the weather is warming up I would also look at getting out and going places, get some friends and go for a bush walk or coast walk. There are so many beautiful locations around Sydney so go exploring. 

peachy
    Participant

@Kit @champagnepapi love Duolingo! It was so helpful when I was just making sure I could remember ¿Dónde está el baño? in Mexico last year! But I would like to be able to have proper conversations. Definitely interested in a practise partner!

teatea

@mak_trouble891 I’d be really keen on seeing some of your spreads too!! I’ve recently gotten into bullet journaling myself and oh man has it changed my life! I feel so much more organized now haha

Kit
    Participant

@peachy @champagnepapi Definitely, those conversations can help. The cool thing I found was when my thoughts started to surface in French. So good! They see the fluency happens when you start to dream in the other language and I fondly remember when that happened in Japan years ago. Everything was easy after that! 😉
    You two should start a Spanish thread just to practise – bonus points if you know words about sex or dating!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@CookieMonster pole dancing is awesome fun and great fitness, I did it for a while a few years back and loved it!

teatea

You’re all tempting me to get into pole dancing tbh! Is it expensive? #studentlife

PurplePurple

Hi @tea, yes definitely expensive! I pay $45 a week for two one hour classes. I think it’s worth it though, it’s honestly one of the greatest blessings in my life. Most pole places offer free trial classes so you can give it a go for free and see if you like it. 

CookieMonster
    Participant

@tea yes and no depends on how many classes you want to do a week… most studios do 8 week terms and cost about $210-230 depending on the studio. My student charges $190 for a newbie but after that it is $210. However I know of a studio about an hr away from me that charges $230 for 8 weeks. 

Def contact a local studio and give it a try 🙂 then tell us how you went!!! 

teatea

@CookieMonster Oooo that actually sounds pretty reasonable for an 8-week thing!!

I’m definitely going to need to go look around, I feel like a lot of the studios are hidden away though? There’s maybe one that I know about near me but other than that I’m not sure about any other stand-alone studios hmm

ElleBelle
    Participant

I’m terrible with hobbies, I start them and then I get bored a few weeks later and abandon it! Here are some of the things I’ve tried: cross stitch, knitting, sewing, painting on Van’s shoes, gardening, baking, blogging, quilting, swing dance, learning Spanish, Italian and French, yoga, weightlifting, reading on the beach, scrapbooking, starting a family tree, kettlebells, learning to play ukulele, hacking IKEA furniture, running, creating an Episodes game, letter-writing and restoring old furniture. My spare room is like the Island of Abandoned Craft Projects.

CookieMonster
    Participant

@tea do you mind if I ask what area you live in? I might be able to suggest a few studios near you?

@ElleBelle I LOVE yoga do you still do it? you should totally get back into it if you don’t that one hour a week where you can just forget your crazy life I live for! but yoga is soo $$$ more so than Pole I think so I don’t often get to go 🙁

ElleBelle
    Participant

I did really enjoy yoga @CookieMonster but my old gym stopped offering it because there were only like 3 people in the class. I don’t love group fitness because I end up comparing myself to other people in the class, and I’m almost always the worst! Being a bigger girl, I didn’t have the strength to even hold myself in downward dog for longer than a few seconds so it made me feel crappy. I saw an ad online for something like Curvy Girl Yoga which I might try.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@tea mine’s $210 for an 8-week pole course. Shop around and you should be able to find something. There’s a few concentrated in the city, and you’d be surprised about the amount in little nooks and crannies around town (e.g. my studio is in a warehouse, haha). 

A lot of studios tend to do a free or discount trial class, too! So you can make sure it’s for you.

@ElleBelle downward dog sucks, though! I have tight, office worker shoulders and I don’t like that pose either. 

teatea

ElleBelle said:

hacking IKEA furniture

@ElleBelle Please share your secrets. (Also I’m totally the same with trying a million things and getting bored of them!)

@CookieMonster I’m in the 2045 area! I know of the one on Parramatta RD but that’s it.

@Aunt_Flo Ooo that’s a good deal too! Yeah maybe I need to go hunt down some secret ones haha

champagnepapi

I signed up to do a barre and a yoga class this weekend! Actually so excited to get my body moving after a loooong hiatus. to trying to advertise or be commercial but you guys should check out class pass, they’re offering 4 fitness classes for $4 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.