low grade hpv - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health low grade hpv

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    unknown
    Participant

was rectly diagnoses with low grade HPV. ive been talking to my gp but she seems to be too relaxed about it

im really worried about having to wait to see if it goes on its own or whether its going to get worse

im super worried and super scared
    what do i do? how worried should i be?

sorry @Nurse_Nettie
    im new to this and shouldve made it a discussion

i was also wondering if i should opt for the 6 months or the 2 months pap smear?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Good question. If you are under 30 and your last Pap Smear was in the last 2 years and was normal then the next Pap Smear is recommended at 12 months. If you do it too soon then the HPV infection won’t have had a chance to resolve.

unknown
    Participant

hi @Nurse_Nettie
    i am under 30 and my last pap smear was 2 weeks ago which is why ive found out about the hpv. i was actually sexually abused which is what prompted me to get it done. it was a few years ago.
    thats why im worried- what if its been there since then and  although its low grade now what if ive had it before when it was first happening and i wait 12 months and its developed?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@unknown, I’m sorry to hear of your experience of sexual abuse a few years ago. Sexual abuse should never happen to anyone. I hope that you’re getting some help & support for this. I understand why you’re worried now. I want to reassure you that low grade HPV is very commonly detected in a pap smear. ‘Low grade’ means its not likely to progress to cancer & more likely to clear itself naturally over time. That’s why the 12 month wait time is recommended. You will not develop cervical cancer during this time. It’s impossible to know how long a person has had HPV – it could be weeks, months or years. Australian research suggests that men & women are usually infected with HPV by the time they are 26 years of age (it’s really that common). Also I want to check…have you had the Gardasil (HPV) vaccinations at school?

unknown
    Participant

Yes @Nurse_Nettie ive had all vaccinations 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Hi @unknown sorry to hear of your sexual abuse. This must all be very difficult to mentally deal with – I hope you have considered or already spoken with somebody about this. Can I suggest thinking about getting in touch with beyond blue if this is weighing heavily on you, as I am sure it is. You can use their webform to chat anonymously here: https://online.beyondblue.org.au/Webmodules/chat/InitialInformation.aspx although it’s only open between 3pm and Midnight. You can also call them direct on 1300 224 636 – you can be anonymous on the phone if you choose to also. 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Ok great to hear your vaccinated @unknown. This means you’re protected from 2 types of HPV that are high risk for cervical cancer (& 2 types of HPV that cause genital warts). 

unknown
    Participant

thank you @CloakOfAsh
    i will take a look at that thnk you

@Nurse_Nettie
    yeah ive been vaccinated but it doesnt scare me any less

unknown
    Participant

Can u transfer this to anyone else other than sexual Intercourse as in with a male as its penetrative

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@ unknown HPV in the cervix can only be transmitted through condomless vaginal sex (that is penis in the vagina or women both sharing sex toys). When HPV clears itself then this is safe.   

unknown
    Participant

thank you @Nurse_Nettie

i dont plan on doning anything and if i wasnt abused i would still be a virgin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.