Marriage Equality Postal Survey - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Marriage Equality Postal Survey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

Has everyone received their survey in the mail yet? I haven’t yet – getting a bit worried! 🙁 

DeftRat
    Participant

Same @peachy. I had a crazy thought the other night that it’s possible that someone stole it out of my letterbox. But I think I’m just being pranoid lol

teatea

@peachy no mail for me yet either! I had the same thought @DeftRat had actually, because I mean what’s stopping a homophobic postie from not delivering the letters??

I also relate with the earlier comment you made before @peachy with being nervous about displaying your affection in public. I feel that way too when I’m out with my girlfriend, or even just talking to someone about being in a queer relationship makes me nervous because I don’t know how they will react. I want to be seen as a person and not a political statement. 

peachy
    Participant

@DeftRat @tea Apparently everyone should receive a form by the 25th – phew! 

peachy
    Participant

@tea It’ll take time but I really hope legalising same-sex marriage + queer relationships being normalised in TV/film (rather than characters being solely defined by their sexuality) helps 

MintMilanoMintMilano

I’ve got mine and already posted it back! but yeah there is a long window period for you to be able to receive and even longer so send it back. its a pretty big project so I imagine its hard to roll out too quickly for the ABS

DeftRat
    Participant

Thanks for the reassurance @peachy and @MintMilano. I know a lot of people that have already gotten theirs so was just getting a little paranoid lol

NickiPower
    Participant

I received mine yesterday and posted it back straight away! Yes! Yes! Yes! 

teatea

Does anyone have any positive stories/campaigns to share relating to the postal vote? After yesterday’s sky stunt I think it’s important to spread positivity and love. 

I know there are some groups handing out pamphlets at several train stations over this whole week, which is fantastic!! Showing visibility from the community and supporters is so so important to help people understand that they are voting on an issue that affects people’s lives! Real people! It’s not all just politics. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I am lucky in that I live in a great area and when we took ours to post off there were people painting around the post boxes in rainbow chalk. 

DeftRat
    Participant

I can stop panicking now. I received mine in the post and posted it back already 🙂

teatea

@CloakOfAsh That’s so amazing! I love when the community comes together to show their support like that.

My vote came yesterday (finally)! My girlfriend and I practically ran down to the post box to send them off 😆

ElleBelle
    Participant

I’m still waiting for mine. I wish it would hurry up and arrive. I know a couple of people who regsitered to vote for the first time (being in their late 20s or 30s) just to make sure they could vote yes. I feel like if Ireland, which is still a massively religious country, could return an overwhelming yes vote, then we can too.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Got mine today, will post my YES! vote tomorrow 🙂 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m still waiting! I know people a few streets over who have theirs. Hoping to get it soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.