Menstural cups - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Menstural cups

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

@NickiPower I didn’t boil it but I did wash it in hot soapy water. Planning on boiling once my cycle is over. 

CookieMonster
    Participant

I really want to try it but I have like no Period I get it for like 1 or 2 days and literally could just wear a liner and I am fine lol

peachy
    Participant

@CookieMonster ahaha probably not worth it then! I haven’t used it for my 4th day because it’s way too dry and so disappointing having an empty cup at the end of the day! 

CookieMonster
    Participant

bahahahaha @peachy did you ever think you would be disappointed at having an empty cup 😆

HoneyPot

Hahaha @@peachy I totally get that! It’s cool though when it’s full ! It’s so satisfying to be like “I made that! That came out of me!”

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@peachy @HoneyPot I am also strangely satisfied as a full cup gets tipped down the toilet. 

MintMilanoMintMilano

I’m so intrigued by the idea of menstrual cups, and even though I’ll never need one it makes me excited to see people embracing the more environmentally friendly option!
    My sister started getting her period again after being pregnant, and she was venting to me about how she’d forgotten how annoying pads and tampons were (she used to be on the pill before trying to get pregnant). I tried to sell her the idea of the menstrual cup, but I didn’t really have any practical knowledge or advice and she couldn’t fathom how it could actually work. I wish this thread had existed then so I might’ve been able to explain better  😀 

teatea

I’m lucky enough that I don’t get my period (from using an IUD), but I think I’d be too scared to use one honestly! I’ve never even used a tampon because I feel like I’d forget it’s in there? In addition to menstrual cups, you can also get reusable pads and liners, and I think recently some period underwear (anyone tried those?). 

peachy
    Participant

@tea I was interested in the period underwear but I found it too pricey! Also do you feel 100% dry? Wouldn’t want to sit in anything damp all day!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

This Youtuber does a lot of period products reviews (swimsuits, leggings, underwear) – they’re pretty honest and comprehensive (there’s also a review of the Diva cup!)

HoneyPot

That Youtube vid was awesome! Thanks so much for sharing @Aunt_Flo ! I’m keen to get a couple of pairs I reckon.

peachy
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo I love that period-friendly swimsuit!! Thanks for sharing! 

teatea

Bree is another amazing YouTuber who does a lot of reusable pad videos and reviews! They do a lot of cool activist stuff with providing products to people who can’t easily access them too, which I think is fantastic! 

peachy
    Participant

@tea I watched all her cup videos when I was trying to figure mine out! She’s so confident, it’s amazing!

peachy
    Participant

Two cycles in and I now have a handy tip to pass on! I’ve found if the cup is protruding out a bit, having an orgasm relaxes everything enough for my body to naturally “suck up” the cup! But not so much that I can’t get it out! 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.