Penetrative masturbation and health risks - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Penetrative masturbation and health risks

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mistified
    Participant

Hi, I’m not sexually active, which is why I’ve always been told that a pap smear test is unnecessary as there’s low risk of cervical cancer. However, I’d like to know if penetrative masturbation could increase the risk somehow? I mean, I’ve heard that it’s totally possible to get vaginitis without actually having sex.

MintMilanoMintMilano

Hey @mistified, welcome to PlaySafe 🙂 and thats actually a really good question. I don’t know the answer myself. @Nurse_Nettie, can masturbation carry the same kind of cervical cancer risk – or any other risks – as having sex?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@mystified great quesiton! There’s no risk of cervical cancer from penetrative masturbation unless your fingers or the toy you’re using has someone else’s body fluids on it. This might be from mutual masturbation, for example.

By the way, some people think that women who only have sex with women don’t need cervical screening (no longer called a pap smear), but that’s not true! Anyone with a cervix who’s over 25 years & has ever had sex with another person should get cervical screening every five years. Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.