periods - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health periods

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The user and all related content has been deleted.

ElleBelle
    Participant

For me, I know my period is coming because I will cry at literally ANYTHING. A sad tv commercial, a song, one of those clickbait Facebook “inspirational” stories a relative has shared. I used to get a few zits on my chin or cheeks too but luckily that seems to have calmed down over the past couple of years.

I rely on good old-fashioned western medicine to solve cramps, just pop a naproxen. I have to remember not to do it on an empty stomach though because otherwise I get a sore tummy. I use a cup too, which has been an absolute game-changer. We have a blog post about it actually, which you can read here.

We have an open discussion about period sex. I’m not a fan, especially in the first two days, because I’m so bloated and sore, but everyone is different.

jackh
    Participant

ElleBelle said:

For me, I know my period is coming because I will cry at literally ANYTHING. A sad tv commercial…

I was sitting next to my girlfriend the other night and she started crying at one of those Qantas ads on the Tv and I was like er ok? it’s not that sad. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Haha you know some guys use period tracker apps to know when their partner is expecting a visit from aunt flo @jackh, but I think crying at a tv commercial is probably just as reliable an indicator 🙂

Anonymous

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m on the pill so thankfully my period is pretty easy to predict. I still get the same symptoms I used to though – nausea, and a food poisoning-like feeling in my stomach. I also cry at nothing.

I use the cup as well! It is the saving grace of my period. The day my period is due, I pop the cup in and don’t have to worry about when it actually ~starts~ during the day. I do indeed get clots which used to make me uncomfortable, but it’s no problem now.

I usually have period sex, mainly in the shower during heavier days. 

Anonymous

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@curious literally Google “menstrual cups .au” and you will find plenty of Australian options.

We also have this conversation on sea sponges that you might want to read through.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@curious I have friends who hate the cup whereas I love it. It’s a preference thing. You can get them at certain chemists in Australia, but as @MsBlueStreak online is your best bet for making sure! 

Anonymous

unknown
    Participant

hello @curious

i prefer pads as i find hem to be more comfortable for me

i find a ncie heat pack on the lower abdomen works quite well as well as taking pain relief

and i know when its coming as i get little twingy cramps but its not an accurate things lol so when i start gettign twinges is tart wearing a liner and bring extra pads with me jsut in case

NickiPower
    Participant

Hey @curious! I typically get a bit sore and feeling heavy when mine is about to come, and my mood swings were crazy. Yep to the clots, it’s just normal. 

I’m still yet to venture out and get a cup but I will do it! 

Kit
    Participant

Ok for the other side of the coin, I think I have never had any symptoms that made it easy to know anything was coming. Coupled with extreme irregularity that’s why I went on the pill so I would always have a clue. Otherwise, what a riveting guessing game! :p

Anonymous

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

I’m actually the same as @Kit, in that I generally didn’t get warning (the cramps and bloating and cranky usually start after the arrival). It meant I had to carry things all the time, which was totally annoying.

As I’m on the pill now, everything is very regular, which is great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.