periods - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health periods

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The user and all related content has been deleted.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@curious I found that there aren’t enough hot water bottles, and also they aren’t any good for work. Thankfully, the second side effect of the pill I’m on is that I don’t get bad cramps anymore.

unknown
    Participant

yeah i find mine get pretty bad too @MsBlueStreak
    thank god that pill is working for you including the cramps!

Anonymous

NickiPower
    Participant

If you like hot water bottles, therapeutic wheat bags are great too! @MsBlueStreak @curious

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@NickiPower I’m no good with wheat bags (I tend to heat them too much and burn the wheat, I’ve even managed to set one on fire once).

Although entirely not environmentally friendly, I actually like those instant heat-packs with the sticky stuff that you can get from the chemist. I find because they are flat, sticky (so they stay in the right spot) and last for like 8 or more hours that they are awesome for getting me through work.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@MsBlueStreak you’ve given me much more incentive to be careful of my wheat bag, too! I use that, or have a hot shower with the water running down my stomach if I’m very crampy. 

Anonymous

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Dogs make great heat packs btw. Great excuse for a pupper!

Anonymous

RoseHill
    Participant

@curious

I get pretty much all the symptoms that everyone has mentioned here so far – Ive always had bad periods!

Plus my boobs get SO sore for the entire week before my period! It hurts to run, to lay on my stomach, even to walk up stairs hurts! And they get bigger too Ive noticed.. like swollen  😀

I usually use a combination of tampons and panty liners or liners and a menstrual cup! I liked that the cup was envionmentally friendly and is safe to wear for longer periods of time and overnight. I have a shocking memory and I’m terrified of TSS haha, But sometimes I find the cup hard to get in the right position.. it seems to move around and then leak like I cant seem to get the right seal on it when I put it in? I dont know.. have you ever tried one?

Anonymous

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Hey @curious
    So for me, I usually get really emotional, the odd cramps and sore boobs before I get my period. 
    I use tampons. Before I had the mirena put in, I suffered bad from clotting and endometriosis.
    I occasionally have sex when on my period, by only when its light.
    For cramps, a hot water bottle all the way helps me.

Anonymous

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Yeah @curious a mirena is a type or contraception similar to an IUD that is inserted into the uterus. Is that right @Nurse_Nettie? They also use it to help with endometriosis as it thins the lining and ovulation.

Lol I totally agree, it can suck being a girl sometimes.   

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.