Puberty - the good, the bad and the pimples - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Puberty – the good, the bad and the pimples

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kit
    Participant

Very smart @mak_trouble891. Hope it helps reveal some way to tackle them early!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Yes at @ElleBelle lol
    I had really bad breakouts one day and my partner mentioned the toothpaste thing so I tried it. Besides making my face smell minty fresh it did seem to work as it kind of dried them out. I mixed my toothpaste with some sea salt to act as an defoliant too.  

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@ElleBelle toothpaste really is the most versatile thing – it also works as a cleaner to help remove hair dye from tiles and enamel (particularly efficient at the removal of bright pink fudge from old bathtubs).

ElleBelle
    Participant

That is so relevant to my interests @MsBlueStreak, I have so many hair dye stains on my bathroom sink hahaha.

I think the toothpaste trick has to happen when the pimple is just forming a head and needs to be dried out. Once it’s already popped, I imagine the mint would just make it sting.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Toothpaste apparently works on cold sores and getting stains out of clothes so there you go!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

But is has to be the paste kind, not the gel kind, and not the fancy whitening type – just boring old paste.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

who would have thought toothpaste would have so many uses

Kit
    Participant

Toothpaste is life lol

teatea

I used to have horrible cystic acne everywhere, my face, back, chest – this lasted a good few years throughout high school until I was prescribed Accutane because nothing else seemed to work.

My skin still breaks out now, but a good diet and some gentle cleansing products help a lot! 

If I get a really bad bump I’ll dab some Benzac on it and let it dry out for a few hours, and wash off. Though I wouldn’t recommend this product for everyone because it is concentrated benzoyl peroxide so it can sting, and it WILL bleach everything you touch! (RIP my pillow cases)..

HappyHooHah
    Participant

I’ve been pretty lucky with pimples in my life but I do have a strict beauty regime that I follow almost every day… (Guilty of falling asleep with makeup on after a long night)

1. Mostly its always removing make-up before going to sleep, either with makeup wipes or micellar cleansing water then following it up with a toner or hydrating mist. It can be expensive but I’m particular with the brands I choose. Always check the labels for nasty unnatural ingredients. 

2. In the morning, I wash my face with water only. If there is some makeup below my eyes, I’ll get it with some micellar water on a cotton pad. 

3. Once / twice a week, I exfoliate with a natural gentle scrub and try to have at least half a day each week with no make-up on… (usually a walk to the supermarket on Sunday mornings 🙂 )

I guess it’s about knowing your skin type. It’s a good idea to head into the body shop or Myer/DJ’s where they can help you identify whats best for your skin type for FREE… If you can, avoid cheap brands of makeup and skin products. I believe your body is something you shouldn’t be cutting costs for if you can avoid it… 

Personally, I love: 
    Jurlique
    Expensive but lasts such a long time. My products usually last at least 12 months!!! So it actually works out cheaper than buying a cheap brand monthly..

The Body Shop
    Lasts such a long time… at least a year, affordable and really nice on the skin!

Micellar Water
    Cheap, better than make-up wipes and lasts longer

teatea

@HappyHooHah Thank you SO much for all of that advice!! Removing make0up before bed is such an important step (that I’m guilty of being too lazy to do sometimes honestly)….how good is micellar water though? Love it. :heart:

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.