Sea sponges....... - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sea sponges…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    pollypower
    Participant

Sea sponges are a great all natural alternative to tampons PLUS you can have sex when you are menstruating without your partner noticing and no mess- double bonus!
    Sex on your period- are you in, or are you out?

pollypower
    Participant

For those who are interested in some light reading.

http://mashable.com/2015/07/19/menstrual-sponge-review/#ptwyIZF9NPq1

Zah
    Participant

Ahh I used sea sponges for about a year! They’re soooo much better than tampons, but they can be a pain to deal with when you’ve gotta find a public bathroom where you can rinse them and all that. I ordered a new set off etsy though and got totally put off when they arrived feeling a kinda gritty (???!!!), haven’t used them since. Are you a fan?

ElleBelle
    Participant

Aside from the bonus sex benefit, they seem like a messier version of the menstrual cup.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

To be honest I have never heard of them before, time for me to do some research!

Zah
    Participant

@ElleBelle I always thought a menstrual cup seemed messier, something about having an actual cup to deal with! I guess with either option you have to be comfortable with your body doing all the things it does.

stephaniaaaahstephaniaaaah
    Keymaster

I have just started using the menstrual cup to reduce impact on the environment! You can’t have sex with it, but I have found it easy to use and not messy at all! The thing I love about it is it helps you get a real feel for your body and your period.  I am a convert!!  I have heard of people using sea sponges!  I wasn’t sure if you should have sex with a sea sponge in and I found this http://www.respectqld.org.au/flyers-and-photos/working-with-your-period 

blithe
    Participant

I tried a sea sponge ages ago, but I’m not sure about getting them out afterwards! A friend once said tie a piece of thread to one end? I’ve tried two menstual cups, the Diva and now the Lily Cup. Lily is much softer and easier to fold and insert, so I prefer it. Changing it in public would be a pain though – sadly most people would be grossed out if you rinsed it in a public bathroom sink. 🙁

ElleBelle
    Participant

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that menstrual cups changed my life. I have a Lunette, which cost me about $40 I think – which is all I’ve paid for anything period-related in two years (except pain relief for cramps!) No money, no waste, no frequent trips to the bathroom trying to hide a tampon up my sleeve at work. If I’m using a public bathroom, I just dump it out into the toilet and wipe it out with toilet paper – no rinsing in the sink and grossing everyone out required 🙂

pollypower
    Participant

@Zah
    I’m a dedicated fan! Being able to have as much sex as I want, whenever I want is an important factor for me. 
    I use a disabled toilet when I needed to wash it. You can use bepe sponges that are sterile, they aren’t a sea sponge- a purpose made sponge that’s pretty good to use.

Worried about getting them out @blithe? You can sew some string and that works fine- it’s just like a tampon.  

blithe
    Participant

@ElleBelle Awesome, you’ve inspired me! 🙂 Also @pollypower’s suggestion of using the disabled toilet if you need to wash your cup is a great one. Thanks you two! 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Reviving this thread because I bought the menstrual cup this week and I am absolutely in love! No more leaks! No more dryness! Bye bye tampons. 

NickiPower
    Participant

I’ve heard a lot of athletes use the cup, I’ve been interested to try but a little too scared – read too many horror stories! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

What horror stories @NickiPower? When I looked it up I read nothing but praise! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Where do you get cups from @Aunt_Flo?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.