Sea sponges....... - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sea sponges…….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    NickiPower
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo Just about taking it out in public places and ending up looking like the end scene of Carrie. But I think it all comes down to skill right? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Oh mama that sounds bad! I think it would just take practice. I feel lucky now to not have had a problem!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Although @NickiPower I have a friend who has just tried it out. She said it made her cramping and nausea worse and refuses to try it again. I think she angled it wrong, but I guess it’s not for everyone any way.

NickiPower
    Participant

Maybe @Aunt_Flo, I’m still intrigued – it would make life a whole lot easier I’d think! 

ElleBelle
    Participant

I just bought my second cup the other week, got a larger one so I don’t have empty it as often on the first couple of days. I also bought one for my best mate who kept saying she wanted to try it. Spreading the cup love! I’ve never had any horror incidents while using the cup, although I did have a coughing fit the other day and felt it slip down, mini-panic! My kegel muscles are just too strong I guess 😀

NickiPower
    Participant

Reviving this because I’m now considering buying a cup. It’s a shame that you just can’t get them from everywhere. Also I guess it’s going to take a little bit of getting used to. 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@NickiPower it does take a little bit of getting used to, but no more with tampons. There are a few stockists around town, but yes, very annoying that they’re not as readily available as tampons and pads! More people might know about it if they actually saw it on the shelves.

NickiPower
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo I was taken back at the fact that cups have been available for decades but only hearing about it now. I guess that’s the power of the advertising dollar! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@NickiPower okay I’m also surprised! I had no idea they’ve been around for so long. It needs more of a push!

Zah
    Participant

Hey @Nurse_Nettie , are cups safe to use with IUDs? I’ve seen some stuff online about it being risky but not sure how true any of that is…

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@zah there seems to be some chatter on the internet that menstrual cups and tampons can increase the chance of an IUD coming out. However, the research says otherwise. There have been a few studies done that show no link between these products and early IUD expulsion. That said, it’s important to use menstrual cups as directed by the manufacturer and always follow your doctor’s advice. 

alt_j
    Participant

Hi @mak_trouble891

There are heaps of ops and brand making menstrual cups these days.

Some of the most popular in the Aus market are:
    Lumma
    Moxie
    Lunette

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.