Travel bug - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Travel bug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    The_Beep
    Participant

where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why? 

Mine would definitely be NYC, there’s something there for everyone! The people are super lovely (ESP when you have an Aussie accent), the food is spectacular and you are never bored w so much happening all the time. 
    Stay in Brooklyn for a cheaper alternative to Manhattan but still super close to everything 🙂
    plus the tap water tastes amazing – gotta try it to believe it 😉

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

NYC is such an amazing city! So much to do and see! 

My favourite though would have to be NZ. I loved it – such incredible scenery. 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Never been in NYC but almost feel I have from watching so much US TV!

NZ was fantastic, it’s like Australia without the stress 🙂

I loved Japan though. Great food and an amazing culture!

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I forgot to mention I am going to Europe in August! Yay!

I’m also going back to Japan in September. I LOVED Japan and for the first time ever got culture shock. I just wasn’t ready to be so ‘alone’ or to stand out so much I think. Getting lost after a few too many ales certainly didn’t help though!

Kit
    Participant

ALL the places! 😀 <3
    But my soft spot is Scotland. Erryday

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@walk_on_walls I’m so jealous, I would love to go to Japan. My sister went last year. What was it like?

I would also like to travel through Europe, especially Spain.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m going to Melbourne soon for the first time! Otherwise I can’t say I’ve travelled too much. I have been to NZ as well though – it’s beautiful and I love the cold. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

For me it’s a toss up between Caye Caulker iin Belize and Reykjavik in Iceland. Both completely different, but awesome in their own way. Belize is super chill and friendly, Reykjavik is just beautiful and quaint.

walk_on_walls
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 Japan has a distinct culture that’s very different from here. Everyday you’ll run into things that make you laugh or think ‘what the?’. The big cities are tourist-friendly so you can get by with just English!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Vegas Baby!  Sorry, I know many people think it’s tacky – but I love the Vegas.  

I love the bright lights, the never closing anything (dinner at 3am, no problems, breakfast at 2pm… no worries), the something for everybody shopping and entertainment, the cheap right beside the luxury, the Ferrari dealership inside the Wynn. Oh, yeah, and the fact that my better half got to drive a NASCAR at Las Vegas Motor Speedway – whilst I got to stare at the incoming air-traffic at Nellis (a B1 inbound is a site I’ll never forget).  Also, Penn and Teller live is just kinda awesome!

ElleBelle
    Participant

I love Vegas too @MsBlueStreak!  My brother and I rented a car and drove out to Area 51, staying at the Little Al’e’inn in Rachel. So tacky but so much fun!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@ElleBelle did you take the time to drive out to Hoover Dam?  I logically understood it was big, but my brain didn’t quite comprehend it until I saw it.

ElleBelle
    Participant

I didn’t unfortunately @MsBlueStreak – I’ll have to put it on the itinerary for future trips!

Curiosity
    Participant

Grand canyon and to ski in Colorado. I’m an America lover, since its so diverse

NickiPower
    Participant

@Curiosity I :heart: Colorado!!! 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.