Travel bug - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Travel bug

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    v4wanndii
    Participant

I <3 Hamburg of Germany. I will definitely go there again.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@v4wanndii I love Germany!!! I just got back from a couple of months in Europe. I also really loved Weisbaden and Karlsruhe

Curiosity
    Participant

I’ve got the travel holiday bug, wanting to plan my next holiday and book it in waaaay in advance to give me time to save up 

NickiPower
    Participant

I so want to go to Iceland, but it’s so pricey! Has anyone been there? 

ElleBelle
    Participant

I have @NickiPower! Iceland Air used to give you a free stopover of up to a week if you flew between North America and Europe. I stayed in Reykjavik in mid-December, so it was COLD but just beautiful. I saw the Northern Lights and geysers and sat in hot springs while it was -5 outside. Absolutely loved it.

Curiosity
    Participant

My partner is trying to convince me to go on a cruise for our next holiday, I’m afraid I will spend the whole time sick, because I get terrible motion sickness. What experiences have other people had with cruises?

ElleBelle
    Participant

I get bad seasickness too @Curiosity. From what I’ve heard, cruise ships are so big and stable that you really don’t feel the motion. Even if you do, I find sitting on the deck in the fresh air and staring at the horizon helps. Ginger is good to motion sickness, and big cruise ships usually have a pharmacy and a doctor onboard if you need something more pharmaceutical grade to help with nausea. For me, the tiny cabins and old people would be a bigger reason not to go on a cruise :p

Kit
    Participant

I heard from someone recently returned from an ahmazing cruise around Canada that the inner-most rooms experienced greater motion than the outer cabins. Not what I would have thought but even better justification for the balcony splurge 😉

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m still sticking relatively local and headed to Melbourne again next year. 🙂

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I have never been overseas!!!!  :'( really hope to rectify that soon. Within Australia my favourite spot is Cairns – but I have to make sure I visit in the dead of “winter” so I don’t die of heat stroke, lol.

NickiPower
    Participant

Amazing @ElleBelle! I’m so jealous! 

@kindofsquishy, I’ve never been to Cairns! Where do you think your first “must-visit” place will be overseas? 
    @Curiosity I’ve heard so many awesome things about cruises, it’s more like a city on the sea! I have also heard that you can’t really feel the motions since the ship is so big. 
    CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I need your assistance team! I am going to Bali in March next year and really want to make the most of it. I hate touristy stuff and sport bars. I like hiking and being outdoors. Suggestions please!!!!!

NickiPower
    Participant

@CloakOfAsh I’ve never been to Bali but did find this for hiking: http://www.greenerbali.com/bali-hiking.html
    Hope it helps! 

Curiosity
    Participant

I went to the monkey forest in Ubud and it was awesome, having monkeys running around you. They did latch on to mums shiny skirt and would only let got in exchange for a banana. She screamed, the rest of the family laughed. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Thanks heaps @NickiPower that looks great!

Ohhhhhh I can’t wait to see little monkeys!!!! @Curiosity

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.