What are kegel or pelvic floor exercises? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health What are kegel or pelvic floor exercises?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So, I’ve always been a little confused about the whole pelvic floor exercises thing.

What exactly are they? Are they uncomfortable? Are they necessary?  When should we start doing them? And how often should we be doing them? (I guess those questions are probably for @Nurse_Nettie)

My other questions I guess are for the ladies here. Do you all engage ‘kegels’? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I do them from time to time. I have a bit of a weak bladder and find it helps. It’s not uncomfortable, just different – you’re tensing an releasing a muscle that you don’t consciously move very often. 

I know my mum did them and used kegel balls as well after pregnancy. She didn’t find as helpful as I have. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Ok what are kegels? @Nurse_Nettie

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Good questions @mak_trouble891 @MsBlueStreak!  I enjoy anatomy :).  Kegel Muscles are found at the base of the pelvic floor (see X sectional diagrams below). They function to support & increase bladder & bowel control as well as sexual function. Kegel or pelvic floor exercises aren’t uncomfortable & are for both men & women. It’s a great idea to start now! 

Curiosity
    Participant

I have a friend who has a red light kegal rule when they are driving, so when they are waiting for the lights to change they do a few kegals

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I did not know men could do this too, excuse me for a moment.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Am I alone on this one gents?

walk_on_walls
    Participant

I read about Kegel for guys in a Men’s Health magazine ages ago, but never really did them. The red light idea is a good one though.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Does anyone have links to practical exercise instructions/videos?

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@CloakOfAsh I had absolutely no idea either! 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@MsBlueStreak Here is some info & exercises for both men & women. And for a bit of guidance about how to do it right, check out this useful video!

ElleBelle
    Participant

Haha @Curiosity in High School my VICE-PRINCIPAL told me she does this at red lights. It was a weird overshare. Maybe it was on Oprah once or something 🙂

Speaking of overshares, sometimes when I do kegel exercises all the activity and blood flow in that area can make me feel a bit aroused. Am I alone in this, or does it happen to others?

Kit
    Participant

“It is recommended that all women exercise their pelvic floor muscles every day throughout life”  welp

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Is this why when I do skipping at the gym I wanna pee? lol weak muscles?

ElleBelle
    Participant

It could be @mak_trouble891! I always fear getting bronchitis for a similar reason, all that coughing makes me wanna pee. Maybe @nurse_nettie can confirm?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.