What are kegel or pelvic floor exercises? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health What are kegel or pelvic floor exercises?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@ElleBelle yes! Strong pelvic floor muscles help prevent accidental leaks when excerising, coughing, laughing, sneezing or lifting — all things that put pressure on the bladder! If this happens to you a lot, it’s called stress incontinence & it’s really common. Pelvic floor strengthening is often the cure, but it’s worth talking to a doctor so you can get a thorough check up & advice specific to you.  

Curiosity
    Participant

Has anyone tried the beads that are meant to help with your kegal exercises? I just found them hard to use, is there a trick?

ElleBelle
    Participant

Ooh what are the beads @Curiosity?

Curiosity
    Participant

@ElleBelle ben wa kegal balls

NickiPower
    Participant

I’ve had a look at the kegal balls @Curiosity @ellebelle, and wonder if they would help work your core to the extreme. That would be awesome (and another benefit)! When you say hard to use, is it hard to keep them in?

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So I followed the links that @Nurse_Nettie has provided us…. and this line makes no sense to me:

To prevent damage to your pelvic floor muscles, avoid:

• constipation and/or straining with a bowel motion
    • persistent heavy lifting
    • repetitive coughing and straining
    • putting on too much weight.

I just don’t understand how to intentionally avoid constipation, (or repetitive coughing actually, because the aftermath of my most recent cold is a ridiculous cough).

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@MsBlueStreak It’s a good point! You can’t always control those things! I think the message is meant to be: these are all risk factors for developing pelvic floor weakness. It’s about long term strain causing damage over time though. For example: if you have occasional constipation, it’s unlikely to cause a problem. But if you’re prone to constipation & usually strain with every poo, you may end up with pelvic floor damage. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification @Nurse_Nettie – I just found the instructional nature of the language to be weird (and not really helpful).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.