What's the worst sex advice you've ever received?? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships What’s the worst sex advice you’ve ever received??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So I love me some George Takei Facebook, because he always shares the things that make me laugh. The latest was this Knowable article: “‘Lesbian Sex Doesn’t Exist.’ The Worst Sex Ed Advice People
    Have Ever Received.

Anyone want to share their tales of bad advice?

TinyTeddy
    Participant

I went to the doctor and mustered up all my courage to tell him that I found penetrative sex painful. Without any kind of examination or consultation the only advice he offered was “Just have more sex!”. I was so surprised this was his medical advice since the act itself was the problem.

Needless to say I found another doctor. 

This info on vaginal pain during sex has much better insight than that GP ha! Thx @Nurse_Nettie

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Actually @TinyTeddy I heard some similar advice on Everyday Feminism under the title “You’re Not Too ‘Tight’ for Penetrative Sex – Society Has
    Just Convinced You of These 5 Bullsh*t Lies

This article seemed to irk me, more than make me feel confident. It seems to completely ignore the medical reasons a woman may have for sex being painful, and basically blame it on not enough practise (through masturbation or otherwise).

peachy
    Participant

@TinyTeddy omg that’s terrible! 
    I was really paranoid about ‘tasting bad’ during oral sex a few years ago so I read somewhere drinking heaps of pineapple juice makes you taste sweeter. So I was drinking so much for a few weeks. Have no idea if it worked and had an eczema breakout from all the sugar!

teatea

The worst advice I ever received was no advice. School told me very little about sexual health, my family felt too awkward to discuss sexy times with me so when the time came I had absolutely no idea what to do, what was ‘right’ or how I should feel. 

DeftRat
    Participant

I had a similar experience @tea. My family weren’t overly open about sex and my school focused on heterosexual sex so I was left with not much except wear a condom to stop STIs (which is actually good advice). But as for the actual acts that can be performed for male to male sexual interaction, I was completely lost. My peers were my teachers and I’m not sure how good they were at it lol

CookieMonster
    Participant

@tea and @DeftRat I was in the same boat. My family to this day don’t talk about sex and I don’t remember having ANY conversation at my very christian school about Sex per say…. the convo about STI’s etc I remember but nothing about the ACT of Sex and what to expect! So the first time I ever had sex it hurt and I bleed and I felt awkward cause I wanted it to stop cause it was painful then I felt like failure cause it hurt and I wasn’t expecting it to…. Which then I didn’t have sex for ages cause it hurt every time I had sex so I was like well sex sucks….

So you know a little advice on what to expect from sex would have been nice…. 
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

No so much advice I received personally, but some young people I know were told that for their ‘first time’ they should be drunk so if they are ‘bad’ at sex they can blame it on the alcohol ðŸ˜® 😮 😮 is this not the worst advice?!

MintMilanoMintMilano

@mak_trouble891that is actually terrible! worst advice ever.

teatea

@DeftRat Yeah schools are wayyy too focused on heterosexual sex when it comes to sexual health education! Do they still focus on putting condoms on bananas these days? I’d be interested to see how sex ed is taught now compared to 10 years ago when I was in school.

@mak_trouble891 Woah that’s messed up. Who told them that?

@CookieMonster Wow yep, same! I think the expectation of your first time being horrible and hurting a lot is far too normalised when it really shouldn’t be like that. (Or the opposite and totally romanticised, looking at you Hollywood).

champagnepapi

I think one time someone told me they double bagged! I was so amazed that they weren’t pregnant…

CookieMonster
    Participant

@champagnepapi omg no!!!! 

teatea

@champagnepapi omgggg!! I mean I understand why they think it would be a good idea but noooo omg, they need to put instructions with contraception methods honestly! 

ElleBelle
    Participant

I think I shared this on another thread, but in high school our sex ed teacher told us women sometimes masturbated with cucumbers. I never tried it…

Alsi used to read some very questionable sex advice in Cosmo and other lady mags. Putting ice cubes in your mouth before you gave someone a blow job, for example.

CookieMonster
    Participant

@ElleBelle  I actually have a friend who use to do the cucumber thing AND sometimes used a banana….I thought it was so weird like what do you do with them afterwards I feel like I couldn’t eat them cause I would weird myself out by do that….

Also IceCubes – not a bad tip just saying 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.