Do you tell them you met on tinder!!! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Do you tell them you met on tinder!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    curiousss

More and more couples I know have been meeting on Tinder!

I think Tinder can be a great way to meet people (my ex partner and i met on tinder).
    I especially love that you get to message them first for a while before meeting.
    I do also know some couples who when asked how they meet often don’t disclose they met on tinder. A friend told me she did this because she didn’t want her mum to know she met her boyfriend online.

So I’m interested? – Has anyone ever had a relationship or our in a current relationship who met on Tinder!?
    Did you or do you tell everyone where you met? If not, why not?

-_-
    Participant

Hi @curiouss my last three partners I’ve met on Tinder (or before that Pof). I’m really open about it. I usually just say ‘we both swiped right ????’.
    To be honest, I reckon that it’s more unusual NOT to meet online nowadays!

PurplePurple

Hi @curiouss I’m with @ekoorb9, I meet people probably 50/50 Tinder and real life. Everyone I know who is single uses it and I feel like it’s not stigmatised at all anymore amongst my friends and I, even my parents make jokes about it these days. However I understand why it would be frowned upon in a more conservative family who perhaps don’t understand it or who find the whole concept weird.

GoldenRoseGoldenRose

Two of my friends are in long-term relationships with guys they have met on tinder and they are both open about it and I find it completely normal. Similar to what @purple said, I find it’s not really stigmatised among most young people these days and I guess it depends on each individual and family whether or not they would be open to the idea.
    Personally, I’ve met a few different guys on tinder and been on a couple of dates and while nothing serious has come out of them I’m still open to the idea and wouldn’t feel ashamed of saying that we met on tinder!

teatea

@curiousss I’m one of those people in a ~serious~ relationship and met on a dating app! Though, we met on Bumble not Tinder but same-same. We met on Bumble and we tried to meet up I think, three times but I kept flaking haha Luckily this girl decided to give me a go and we met at a street party for our first date! We’re a year into our relationship now and have decided to move in together! So I think dating apps are really just like meeting IRL in a pub or something – you start off not really knowing the person, get past the awkward 20 questions and then it’s all fine.

I think certainly it’s a generational shift in how we view dating. People used to use newspapers to flag their interested, now we use phones. Not that different really.

@ekoorb9 ‘we both swiped right!’ hahahah amazing!! I’m definitely not that blunt about it but I love it!

I agree with @purple about it being more normalised now, though I still feel like there’s some embarrassment admitting you met your long-term partner on a dating app, as opposed to someone you’re just dating?

Similar forums here: Define ‘casual’ | First Dates | Is Dating Dead?

bertoleamur
    Participant

I’m not in a relationship right now, but if I did meet someone on Tinder, I wouldn’t have any qualms about telling people. To me, it’s just another way to meet people, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

briams
    Participant

I met great people on Tinder and had pretty long relationships with one of them. This is a good place to find a partner. If someone asked, I told them that we met on Tinder, it wasn’t a secret.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.