Getting fit - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Getting fit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

I started lifting heavy weights this week, it was an awesome feeling, was able to lift and squat 40kgs!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I found a good youtube! Fitness blender. Little work outs, but short and sweet and a good start. That’s amazing @mak_trouble891!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

That’s cool @Aunt_Flo, I’ll have to check it out. I am about to start a new detox drink, with water, lemon, cucumber and ginger 😐

Kit
    Participant

I am sorry but please don’t buy detox products guys. :# Our liver is perfectly capable of maintaining the body’s internal environment and there is no scientific evidence to support any of those products. Although Australians could always do with eating more fruit and veg!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Yes, @kit! There’s recently been a whole bunch of articles suggesting that it’s a glorified laxative. Our bodies already work to detox! Ginger, cucumber, lemon and water sounds delicious anyway though, as long as there is nothing funky in it!

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@Curiosity https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene is awesome – it’s really good for beginners and she is really great and not sounding TOO hippy or TOO excercisey for me haha

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@Kit, its a drink that you make yourself, just with water and fresh ingredients. Nothing funky is added. 🙂

ElleBelle
    Participant

I tried Yoga with Adrienne @CloakOfAsh – I got through the first two days and lost interest hahaha.
    At the moment I’m trying to get back on the fitness train. Just kettlebell swings, some light yoga stretches in the morning and weights a couple of days a week. I was pretty fit at the start of the year and I’ve basically gone back to square one, aka couch potato.

NickiPower
    Participant

Thanks for sharing @CloakOfAsh! I’ve been missing my regular yoga class and I can feel that I need to get my yoga on! 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@NickiPower let me know how you go!

I also only lasted 2 days! Ha

Kit
    Participant

FWIW Pilates is rocking my world right now. I feel so strong even though at the time I don’t feel like I’m working hard at all.

10/10 Would do again

NickiPower
    Participant

@Kit That’s so awesome! Pilates is hard! 

NickiPower
    Participant

How’s everyone doing on the fitness-side of things in 2017? I have been to the gym more times this year than I did last year – and it’s only the end of Feb!! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

That’s awesome @NickiPower! Keep at it. What have you been doing?
    i have been doing really well this year with my exercise and fitness goals. My motivation has definitely improved. My eating habits and exercise patterns have change for the better. 
    I went to the gym 5 times last week eek!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Woohoo, killing it @NickiPower! I’ve started pole dancing, which is something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while. So fun! I’m looking to do regular yoga before bed too to help me sleep.

So good you’re meeting your goals @mak_trouble891

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.