Learning to drive - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Learning to drive

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    EarthMamaEarthMama

@Aunt_Flo Awesome!! Yes, I am focusing on parking at the moment. Were the instructors friendly? Like did they talk to you throughout? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

The one I had, and the others at the testing place all seemed pretty nice. 🙂 He asked me a few questions, but I found myself chatting a bit because I talk when I’m nervous and he was fine to chat back. 

It was good to create a dialogue, at least for me, because it meant when I needed to ask a question about which direction to take, it was easier.  

Thank you @kit! 🙂

NickiPower
    Participant

Yesss @Aunt_Flo!!! Congrats!!! 🙂 

teatea

@Aunt_Flo congrats!!! I’m 25 next month and I’m still on my L’s! Driving makes me really nervous so I keep putting off getting my P’s.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Driving makes me quite nervous too @tea! If it wasn’t so convenient, I don’t think I’d touch a car.

EarthMamaEarthMama

Agreed!! My driving test is tomorrow friends… feeling very nervous. 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Good luck @EarthMama!!!

teatea

@EarthMama How did you go?

EarthMamaEarthMama

@Aunt_Flo @tea I passed, friends!! I cannot believe it!! I am still in shock. 6 years of anxiety and fear…I feel amazing!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Yaaaaaay @EarthMama congratulations! 😀 😀 😀 

teatea

Omg congrats!!! @EarthMama I feel inspired to go and get my license now…maybe 😆

Kit
    Participant

Congrats!!!

EarthMamaEarthMama

You can do it @tea !!! Even if you don’t pass first go, showing up and trying out will do a lot to appease anxiety. A friend of mine gave me some super useful advice pre-test. He said, ‘use the test as an opportunity to show off what you know.’ It seems sort of like common sense, but too often I think we feel as though the testing officers are just out to trip us up, or that we are trying to fool them into thinking we can drive…But the reality is, if you’ve put in the work (which I’m sure you have) YOU CAN DRIVE. You’ve just got to trust in yourself. So take a deep breath and go for it 🙂 🙂 🙂

@Aunt_Flo Did you receive any great pre-test advice? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@EarthMama I was really anxious about parking, and my boyfriend reminded me that it’s such a small part of the test, and that failing parking wasn’t the same as failing the whole test. That comforted me a lot! 

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.