HIV risk from fingering? How about cuts? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships HIV risk from fingering? How about cuts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    worried-dude
    Participant

Long story short, I have messed up despite my determination to abstain, I was engaged in a massage therapy session with an erotic masseuse. One thing led to the other and things got spicy. The only genital contacts I had was me kissing her body (I understand this to be risk free), and using my fingers to to stimulate her clitoris area. Granted my fingers never entered her vagina, and I was under the feeling that this is safe sex, but I noticed a small cut on my index finger (~1 cm long), the kind you get from peeled skin around the nail area. I don’t fully recall having vaginal fluid over my cut, but I got really worried given this is someone that might on the higher-end of his. All of the exposure was in open air, as I didn’t have any insertion of my fingers inside.

No penetrative or oral sexual events took place. Upon inquiring from the lady, she laughed and said she is very healthy and well and is particular about the people she sees with no penetrative actions ever taking place.

The big question is, is there any risk associated with getting HIV from vaginal secretions over this minor cut? I see a lot of things online and I’m very very anxious about getting hiv due to prior traumatic events. Would appreciate the advice.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @worried-dude, sorry it’s taken so long for me to respond to you! This is really common question people ask me! First of all STIs transmitted through fingering might be risky if there’s mutual masturbation & lots of precum, ejaculate or vaginal secretions that’s exchanged between partners. Often these body fluids are used as lubricant & if shared may be a risk for infections like chlamydia or gonorrhoea. It’s important to know that infections like HIV are NOT transmitted this way & there’s never been one reported case! If fingering is one way only (one person giving to the other) then it’s safe ???? .

The other thing that’s important to know is that like you, sex workers want to look after themselves and stay healthy. In fact, sex workers as a population group are far better at getting a regular STI screen than the general public tends to be. For this reason, sex workers are actually one of the lowest risk groups for infections such as HIV.

So in short, the encounter that you have described sounds very low risk not only for HIV, but all STIs. If you want more specific info call 1800 451 624 between 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday to talk with a sexual health nurse (like me). It’s confidential & free if you call from a landline. I’m also here if you need anything else.
    Play safe,
    Nurse Nettie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.