No condom - what do you do? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health No condom – what do you do?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    CloakOfAsh
    Participant

HAHAHA amazing photo! Don’t make me say it again though – its the ring – that bad boy doesn’t stretch so good. People just need to be aware of different sizes – that’s mostly what the size on the box pertains to anyway

Kit
    Participant

Oh yeah, I watched some Embarrassing Bodies episode the other day about the different size thing. Oh and the chronic over-estimation of size. Does anyone else watch that show? It’s my guilty pleasure.

And apologies for being mature but I had to laugh at this 😀 :

Make sure that fats and the rest is all g
    jackh
    Participant

I have a really stupid story for you because we all do dumb things! 

Last night, after a few drinks my partner and I went back to her house, she has recently stopped taking the pill for health reasons so obviously we’re still sticking with condoms. Whilst in this drunken mess, we both decided that the pull out method was a suitable form of contraception – don’t do that, please. I’m going to be honest and admit that it was my suggestion, I’m not sure why. But I bet you can guess who didn’t pull out in time.. oops, my bad. There was definitely a bit of a drama this morning. 
    10/10 do not recommend, I’ve always known it was stupid but tried it anyway  :#

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@jackh have been there before! Don’t beat yourself up about it – booze and sex are potent for making silly decisions! Stressful times but at least you had an open and honest conversation the next day by the sounds of things. I assume from your comment you went to the pharmacy for the morning after pill? 

jackh
    Participant

yeah my girlfriend took the morning after pill @CloakOfAsh so it’s ok, but it’s like why did we do that lol 

Kit
    Participant

Ohhh yeah :# That inner thought that you’ve got this happens at the best and worst of times.
    Glad you and your girlfriend were able to address it in the morning

jackh
    Participant

Yup @Kit oops

NickiPower
    Participant

Has anyone ever decided that it’s far too much effort to try and find somewhere to get condoms, so you give up on the idea and just go to sleep? (which is perfectly acceptable IMO).. 

jackh
    Participant

@NickiPower yeah and by going out of the house kinda just ruins the mood/any desire for sex anyway, especially if it’s one of Melbourne’s 4 degree nights. Either that or we just do anything and everything that doesn’t require a condom, whilst getting really annoyed at ourselves 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@NickiPower I have definitely been in the ‘too much effort’ category when it comes to finding a condom… that’s when watching something funny on Netflix can be helpful to change the subject.

I’ve also been on holidays where we forgot to bring them along, and because my family were also on the holiday (separate hotel rooms, but still there), sneaking off to buy them was a mission and a bit. My mother likes family holidays to be about spending every second that isn’t sleeping together (which I understand, but can be very overwhelming when you like your privacy and alone time).

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@NickiPower this happens about once a month haha. 

RoseHill
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak I read that article too and it made my blood boil!!! I’ve always been one to be supportive of my girlfriends who enjoy casual sex and careful not to shame them… but I honestly don’t know how to avoid that without saying just don’t sleep with someone you don’t know/don’t trust? Its so hard!!! Aside from obviously just making it common knowledge that it is definitely NOT okay, OR legal! So maybe guys wouldn’t do it anymore thinking that ‘its not really a big deal’?

Haha @ElleBelle I agree that photo is hard to dispute! Although when I was doing research on condoms for my Masters I did have a lot of guys say that as much as all condoms ‘fit’ they don’t all feel the same and that it took them a while to figure out what size/brand felt the best for them! I think rather than promoting the one-size-fits-all idea that ‘you’re a dick if you use that excuse not to wear one’ kind of thing… maybe we should be encouraging guys to try a bunch of brands and sizes out for themselves… even by themselves! That way they can get fully stocked on the ones that feel the best for them before it even comes to the ‘fit’ debate! Thoughts?

ElleBelle
    Participant

Completely agree @RoseHill – I was even inspired to start a thread about condom brands to see what people-with-penises prefer! It’s here, if you have any tips from your research 🙂

NickiPower
    Participant

So glad that we’re all in the same boat! @CloakOfAsh @MsBlueStreak @jackh

teatea

@ElleBelle OMG that photo is iconic!! 
    @NickiPower I love embarrassing bodies! That’s actually what inspired me to get into sexual health education! 

Personally, I don’t have a problem with not having a condom because I never need to use one in the relationship I’m in at the moment (we’re lesbians). Though they can be handy if toys are involved! I guess a way to avoid having no condom mid-sexy could be to check with the person and yourself before having sex, to make sure you’re prepared. Even if it’s a booty call kind of deal, a quick text before they head over to check they’re good to go might be better than pulling the plug mid-sexy.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.