No condom - what do you do? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health No condom – what do you do?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Kit
    Participant

Hmm I guess if we’re being honest I’ve both been disappointed to put the brakes on and done nothing, and also stayed in the zone and done it anyway 🙁 . And although I am usually very conscious of STI concerns (it was a small slip up!), I find pregnancy to be the biggest fear generator. Anyone else?

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I have definitely been there and definitely thrown caution to the wind in the heat of the moment but I am a stresser so usually the next day we take precautions. It’s easier and less awkward because I have a long term partner but years ago I made mistakes and it still stresses me out to think about it. 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

Hmmm…I’ve never been in the situation (always prepared!).

ElleBelle
    Participant

There is something else I’ve been thinking about with this. I’m fairly certain that I’ve been in this situation with someone who said they didn’t have a condom because they didn’t actually want to wear one. I know some guys find them uncomfortable, but you will not trick me into unprotected sex just because you haven’t found a condom brand/style that feels good for you.

jackh
    Participant

@ElleBelle they are right it does feel better without one but i can imagine unexpectedly  becoming a parent would be much more inconvenient 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@ElleBelle as a dude there is some truth to this. But its a fairly minor inconvenience compared to having a child.

DUDES – go try some different brands, you don’t have to just use the ansel ones at Woolies – they fit weird anyway. So many different brands to try and they usually have a size measurement on them – so normal in ansel, trojan, durex are all different – might be only by a millimetre or two but when that thing is wrapped tight around your little buddy you want to make sure he isn’t too tight or too loose. Also don’t just assume ‘ribbed for her pleasure’ is pleasurable for them – it might not be. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Did anyone else read/hear the thing on Hack about ‘stealthing‘? It’s sexual assault – let’s not pretend it’s not and to be clear anything against someones consent that involves sex is sexual assault. This feeds right into what we are saying above though – one person is placing their pleasure above the safety of both them and someone else while also committing a sexual crime against the other. 

It’s interesting though to see this discussion – I hope it is blown out of proportion but perhaps not. Either way – dudes, buy those naked condoms that are super thin or have an open discussion but DON’T DO THIS. It’s not okay!

jackh
    Participant

so true @CloakOfAsh there is so many different ones also please stock up on some you like or something because by golly we had an awkward moment last night opening every single draw in the bedroom searching for one when I didn’t have any left and were well in truly in the mood so we did it anyway – dont do that. My gf is on the pill but now we have to watch for ~sTi’s~

(we’ve both recently been tested so should be a ok but that’s not my point guys… )

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So I read the article on stealthing @CloakOfAsh, and it made me want to kick this guy in the balls so hard that the prospect of pregnancy is not something any woman need worry about with him.

Like, just , NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! (I’m literally screaming in my head right now)

Any man considering this, get some self-respect and respect for others. This is a crime, and you deserve some gaol time. And if you don’t think it’s a crime… then why if you’re HIV positive and try it can you be charged for attempted murder?

NickiPower
    Participant

@jackh so right, there are soooo many different ones! Oh, that was an awkward moment, did you run out to the supermarket the next day to stock up? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m way too anxious to let the mood continue without a condom. That being said, I haven’t found myself in that situation so I can’t say for sure. 

@MsBlueStreak and after reading what I’m assuming was the same article on a guy who stealths I’m even more anxious now. That is really scary and I doubt all his partners are as relaxed about finding out about it as he says. 

jackh
    Participant

@NickiPower I was sure I had a couple so it caught me off guard, all stocked up for sure 

Kit
    Participant

I heard about this but not enough to know details and it’s still flat out wrong to take away someone’s choice of consent.

I was just going to loop back to @ElleBelle’s comment about being tricked into unprotected sex because of lame size/comfort excuses. Condoms fit like a dozen oranges in them or something! Work it out guys! 😐

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

It’s all about the little ring at the bottom, not the balloon! Make sure that fats and the rest is all g

ElleBelle
    Participant

I have photographic proof a condom can fit 26 oranges. Nobody’s penis is the size of 26 oranges.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.