Sex education at school - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Sex education at school

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    PurplePurple

So sorry I meant to write this comment in another thread! My internet is screwing up a bit at the moment.

-_-
    Participant

OMG reading this is giving me flashbacks to my horror sex ed experience! When I was 12 (year 6 in South Oz) we were showing a video of a women giving birth and I cannot remember much else. My year 10 sex education – which being a private religious school – taught abstinence only sex ed – and we just looked at anatomical diagrams which like @sextronaut were not labeled with exception of the vagina, uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries… I agree @curiousss !!! Cliteracy should be taught in schools

teatea

That’s so strange having the diagram without the label @sextronaut! What would happen if you had questions about those parts not labelled?

sextronautsextronaut

@tea I think we knew that they weren’t labelled for a reason, unfortunately. The teacher was clearly uncomfortable talking about it so we just didn’t bring it up. 🙁

teatea

@sextronaut Huge reason why we need a more diverse educator base for sexual health education! How are you supposed to learn if the person teaching you is uncomfortable? I’m so sorry you didn’t have a good experience!

Who have you found has been the most influential in terms of sexual health education?

sextronautsextronaut

@tea absolutely! My parents were fantastic, I had really sex positive information coming from them at all times. Otherwise, I turned to youtubers like Laci Green, Hannah Witton, Dr Lindsey Doe and Shan Boody. 🙂

Where did you find your sexual health influencers?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.