Australian Netflix - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Australian Netflix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Zah
    Participant

Help! I marathoned the new season of Orange is the New Black way too fast and now I don’t know what to watch. Can anyone suggest some hidden gems?

blithe
    Participant

Haha, I’m doing the same, i’m up to ep 6 of the new series. 🙂 What kind of shows do you like? Orphan Black has been ace – we ripped through the new series lately. I also really liked the first season of Bloodlines (with the actor who played the Coach in Friday Night LIghts, which I love). We watched the first ep of Ascension and I’m not sure if I’ll get into it or not. It’s a bit like Battlestar Galactica, but with a spaceship that’s like a time capsule of 1950s society! If you want something Aussie, Rake is pretty fun and Richard Roxborough is a hot mess.
    I’m also watching Fortitude on ABC iView (they’ve got loads of full series of dramas up at the moment, it’s ace!) Fortitude is great if you’re into those Scandinavian-British crime series like The Killing. 

Zah
    Participant

Thanks, haven’t seen any of those yet! I really enjoyed Rita (although it’s Danish so you gotta be ok with subtitles), Jessica Jones, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (despite being a bit insensitive/problematic/whatever you wanna call it)… now that I’m writing this out, it looks like anything with a strong female lead 😛 

HHH
    Participant

Prison break is an amazing tv show !!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I don’t have Netflix but has anyone seen the new TV series of Wolf Creek? It is so good, really worth watching

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

How good was OITNB! I quite liked Narcos on Netflix. It about Pablo Escobar. Really good show. Mad Men as well. Otherwise I’ve been watching movies on Netflix, like Nymphomanic. That was interesting enough, but not something I’d really recommend. I don’t think the director really understands women…

Zah
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 , is it anything like the film? Cos that was equal parts brilliant/horrifying. @Aunt_Flo So good!!! Way better than last season. And I totally agree, Nymphomaniac could’ve been good but it ended up so contrived and unrealistic. I kinda steer clear of movies/books/etc about women’s sexuality done by men. So rare that the get it right, they’re mostly cringe-worthy at best and traumatic at worst, ugh.

ElleBelle
    Participant

Is The 100 on Australian Netflix? It’s a bit cheesy, especially at the start, but it gets better!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

HHH said:

Prison break is an amazing tv show !!

I don’t know if that was meant to be sarcasm or not.

But rumour (well IMDB) has it they’re bringing it back to life for another nine episode season now that Wentworth Miller has left DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.  (I still can’t decide if I’m happy about that – I liked his character in Legends)

Curiosity
    Participant

Pretty Little Liars, starts off slow then you get hooked in with all the twists and turns

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I loved a show called Weeds back in the day! Is so good

-_-
    Participant

I am loving the new season of OITNB! I also loved The Last Kingdom (hot viking alert) and Marco Polo.  Been getting into Peep Show (so uncomfortably funny) and there is a miniseries called Love which is also awkward.  For strong female leads I looove Nashville, OITNB (obviously) and Grace and Frankie.  Yep I just am Netflixing my life away over here. 

Big_Mama
    Participant

@Zah I LOVED Rita. My friend also just got me into Orphan Black. It’s pretty good. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

I am loving the new season of OITNB! I also loved The Last Kingdom (hot viking alert) and Marco Polo.  Been getting into Peep Show (so uncomfortably funny) and there is a miniseries called Love which is also awkward.  For strong female leads I looove Nashville, OITNB (obviously) and Grace and Frankie.  Yep I just am Netflixing my life away over here. 

Sorry, you mentioned OITNB, and all I could see is a certain US political meme that’s been doing the rounds this week.  

I too love Nashville and am very sad they cancelled the show so late in the filming process – kinda ruined what could have been a nice neat ending for the show with a terrible end of season cliff hanger bit.

But my true guilty little pleasures have been Gossip Girl and Fuller House. So easy to tune out and binge on – just so long as no one else is around to see me enjoy it sooooo much.

ElleBelle
    Participant

I’ve been watching a lot of Archer recently too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.