Busted! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Busted!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    kindofsquishy
    Participant

Omg @Awesone489 your mum sounds like a legend. My parents were massively into the “let’s ignore that this is a thing” stuff. They found my vibrator and just took it but didn’t say a word about it 😐 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@Awesone489 what a nice mum haha.

Awesone489
    Participant

Thanks guys, yeah she’s really cool when it comes to all the sex stuff to. She’s always happy to answer my questions too. We’ve had a chat about masturbation and her view was that its something to enjoy and its good to explore your body to know what all parts do and feel like. 

Kit
    Participant

Omg @kindofsquishy. That really sucks to not even have a conversation about it :/

My sister once came home to clothes strewn around the lounge room and ran straight to her bedroom shouting that I could come out of my room to pick everything up. I was a little embarrassed then but later she tried to have the most awkward ‘were you made to do something you didn’t want to’ conversation and I couldn’t help but scoff – I had been sexually active for two years at that point. 😀

Awesone489
    Participant

Not sure why parents want don’t want to talk about this, at the end of the day surely they went through the same feelings and could probbably offer some good advice 

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I think maybe it comes down to a learned embarrassment, maybe? That’s a good point @Awesone489. When did parents and kids start getting awkward about sex stuff, or has it always been that way…. does anybody know?

Awesone489
    Participant

I think its always been the case @kindofsquishy but interesting to know why. I guess sex has always been a taboo topic, it will be interesting to see if this changes given our highly sexualised society nowadays. 

Nicky101
    Participant

Hello all, a good topic @ElleBelle. I’ve been caught masturbating once by my mum as well. I was actually using a vibrator when mum came into my room, I was under the doona but the noise still gave it away. Mum just looked at me and smiled and said have fun. Man was I embarrased but once I was done we had a good chat about masturbation and mom asked about the vibrator. We had a good chat and she told me she has one and uses it regulary and that it was nothing to be ashamed about. 

Awesone489
    Participant

What an awesome mum @Nicky101

Kit
    Participant

That sounds like such a liberating chat @Nicky101. Glad that situation turned around quickly!

Nicky101
    Participant

Thanks @Kit its great to have a mum like this as we can talk about things openly. Who would have thought mum would have a vibrator and was open about it too. :

jackh
    Participant

at Christmas my girlfriend came with me to see my relos in Adelaide, my family go every year to see them, anyway, we had to sleep on the lounge room floor, we were gone five nights and being a 20 something year old male that’s sort of a long time for me to not be able to do anything… the lack of privacy was terrible. anyway, we thought we’d risk it and just do it, it was the dead of night, who would be up anyway. 
    Andddd we got caught, by my grandma. very very risky move that resulted in three very very embarrassed people. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Arrrrgh! What did grandma say @jackh? How long did it take before you could look her in the eye again?  😀

jackh
    Participant

still can’t @ElleBelle

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@jackh I feel for you man… I don’t think my Nana Lady ever in her life heard anything resembling sex-talk from any of her grandchildren (even though she had like a dozen great grandchildren before she died).

Though there was this one time that my aunts and mother were having a complaining session they were a little too animated (read loud) in discussing. Apparently the Nana Lady had disclosed to one of her daughters some intimate details, which weirded the collective daughters out. They were busy agreeing that parents should never disclose their sex lives to their kids, whilst drinking tea in the room next to our monopoly game (6 or so cousins, and I’m one of the older ones).  

I think I was about 10 or 12, and it had never occurred to me that parents keep having sex after their kids are done being made.. so it was really weird and eye opening to think of Nana Lady and Pa as sexual beings.

That overheard conversation is one of the reasons why I’ve never actually expected my parents to be good at the sex talk.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.