Australian Netflix - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Australian Netflix

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@CloakOfAsh You can’t go past Gina and ‘Dance-y Regan’.

Any one else excited for the new A Series of Unfortunate Events next year?

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

I am! Neil Patrick Harris looks fantastic as the count. Also keen for Barry!! Been seeing ads all over Facebook

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Speaking of Neil Patrick Harris, has anyone binged their way through the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life yet?

ElleBelle
    Participant

I did, but I’ve got to say as someone who never got into the original series – I don’t really understand the attraction. Rory seems like kind of a jerk?

She cheats on her boyfriend, like a lot. Expects everyone else to store her boxes or let her move in. Expects a job but doesn’t prepare for the interview. Expects her mum to drop everything and help deliver newspapers. Eyerolls her way through Paris having a mid-divorce freak out. Is she deliberately bratty, or am I missing her charm? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Same, cannot wait for some NPH.

I’ve never watched an episode of Gilmore Girls. I feel very out of the loop.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@ElleBelle – Rory can be very much that way… but there were supposed to be some life lessons about her finally growing up and coming of age (I may have read a few interviews with Amy Sherman-Palladino)

Curiosity
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak I only just started watching the original series of Gilmore girls, I’m not entirely hooked on why it was so popular. Maybe I need to give it more of a chance

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Wow. Anyone else watching Suits? I am hooked!!!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Curiosity – Tanc Sade (who plays the wild Aussie, Finn, amongst the Life and Death Brigade) actually explained it relatively well in an interview on Studio10 last week.

They were strong leading female roles at a time, 2001, when very few strong women were on television (that were the opposite of Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson who ruled the screen at the time). The coffee drinking, fast talking, small-town humour were just the fun added to the mix, that meant even men watched the show without complaint.

Consider that when they made the recently released Gilmore Girls Funko Pops, they only made they leading ladies: Lorelai, Rory and Sookie. Not even the always present Luke warranted his own.

And just because it’s Tanc, sharing is caring… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yea3DMovB4U

ElleBelle
    Participant

In 2001 I was watching Buffy, so maybe that’s why I never got into it 🙂

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I can’t believe that nobody has said Sense8 yet! Not only was it an awesome show with a cool unique storyline, but the diversity was AMAZING. Was cool to see both sex positive and queer main characters too 😀 

ElleBelle
    Participant

I LOVED Sense8 @kindofsquishy! I expected to hate it, based on the stupid name, but it was so good. I feel like it’s been years since the first season though, when do we get another one?!?

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I know! Need another one! Apparently they’ve started filming but I don’t actually know what that means in terms of timeline, lol @ElleBelle

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

The problem with binge watching an entire season of a TV show in 1-2 days…. you have another 360+ days until you can watch the next season.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@MsBlueStreak I feel your pain – still waiting for the next season of Kimmy Schmidt!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.